Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

SuperSilva said:
The howler Mike Jones had yesterday by booking Serg for diving will be important now moving forward...

Pundits like Carragher, Hoddle, the MOTD pundits and then the rest of the UK Sports journalist (bar a few morons) have all ripped Mike Jones a new one and said this might be the worst refereeing decisions of the season...

Combine that with Pellers in his post match interviews to the world that Sergio never cheats the referee and if he has been fouled, he has been fouled... (remember rags game with the 2 fouls on him in the box)...

Just like every referee (as much as they do not admit it) have an idea of which players dive, they also know which players don't (Messi, maybe Hazard etc) because they are that good, and today every ref will be EXTREMELY wary of not awarding a free kick if Aguero is dropped in or around the box because of the outfall of yesterday game and because Aguero is one of those players who gets hacked a lot by players due to his immense skill...

This is a good post, apart from the hazard bit.

He's one of the worst divers in the league.

Apologies in advance if you`ve already heard/read this,but Sergio has stated that he wants City to be the last club he plays for in Europe before going back to his beloved Argentina and play for a club team there.
Now then Madrid !! Just fuck off !! Comprendo ???

Manchester_lalala said:
Bluster said:
The best forward we've ever had.
But we need dzeko back soon as we're going to run him into the ground otherwise.

Stuff that, aguero should play every game he can. You don't see madrid rotate ronaldo or messi, we shouldn't rotate sergio.
Thats a good point that. Since 2008-09 Messi played 51 53 55 60 50 46(season with injury) games a season for Barcelona; and since 2004-05 CRonaldo played 50 47 53 49 53 games a season for United and 35(season with injury) 54 55 55 47(season with injury) games a season for Madrid.

The only thing is, he has had a succession of muscle injuries. So maybe let him play an hour at home to Everton if the score allows us to take him off and he doesn't really have to play against Burnley at home, does he? then maybe a rest in the FA Cup weekend in early Jan too. Other than that, i agree, a team's top goalscorer should play all the time if possible. They are who wins you the trophies!

He is in the elite of WC players that currently consists of CR & Messi.
Aguero is the League Genuine Superstar. The rest (Rooney, Costa et al) are in second tier .

How many penalties is it now that he has been wrongly denied this season alone?

2x CSKA
2x United
1x Southampton

Any others?

I was reading the agenda thread and one guy made a very valid point about the media de-coupling of Aguero from City, because that way, they can say how good we were without actually saying how good we were, if you see what I mean.
It's true City are still not exactly getting good press from what I consider to be pretty significant displays and results recently, but Aguero is the darling at the moment.
They're totally fawning over him, whatever their reasons or motives.
We all agree he deserves it.

With this in mind can anyone else see it being impossible for the sports writers not to vote for him as player of the year.
Don't they or the Professional Footballers Association or maybe both, vote before Christmas. I think this is true as it always struck me as odd
voting only halfway through a season.

Anyway would it not be totally hypocritical of them not to give it to him. Personally I'd like to see him stay fit and keep this form for the rest of the season first, but like I said I think they vote before the end of the year. Have I got that wrong?

Just for balance it is still possible to dive even if there has been contact and a foul

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/On3vUw6WLp7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/On3vUw6WLp7</a>

mancity2012_eamo said:
I was reading the agenda thread and one guy made a very valid point about the media de-coupling of Aguero from City, because that way, they can say how good we were without actually saying how good we were, if you see what I mean.
It's true City are still not exactly getting good press from what I consider to be pretty significant displays and results recently, but Aguero is the darling at the moment.
They're totally fawning over him, whatever their reasons or motives.
We all agree he deserves it.

With this in mind can anyone else see it being impossible for the sports writers not to vote for him as player of the year.
Don't they or the Professional Footballers Association or maybe both, vote before Christmas. I think this is true as it always struck me as odd
voting only halfway through a season.

Anyway would it not be totally hypocritical of them not to give it to him. Personally I'd like to see him stay fit and keep this form for the rest of the season first, but like I said I think they vote before the end of the year. Have I got that wrong?

The year Kyle Walker won YPOTY over Aguero was baffling in the extreme. And so far this season he's been the only true standout performer, doing it against everyone top to bottom including a hat trick against arguably the best side in Europe.

If he doesn't win it this year it will be even more baffling than Kyle Walker.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Just for balance it is still possible to dive even if there has been contact and a foul

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/On3vUw6WLp7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/On3vUw6WLp7</a>

Certainly is possible, although not the case with the Aguero booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.