Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

SuperBlu said:
How much we will sell him for ?

To buy someone who is as good as him means we have to spend +30m.
Probably 12m. When we took him for 22m I really thought it was a good deal. I still think so. If he stays fit for one season I am sure he would become a 40m+ player. He is still so young.

Really hope he stays. I think it would be a poor move on our part if we move him on considering his age (25) and ability.

At a stage now where we need young, hungry, committed players and Stevan certainly fits the bill.

Personally think the lad has conducted himself very well during what must be a difficult period for him, not getting selected for the Champions League and not not featuring much, many would have spat their dummy out.

I know he had a little bit of a pop in the press but this lad has the attitude and talent to star in the new cycle we need.

Mentioned it before but for me you could see what the lad was all about when he came on against Burnley. Yes it didn't come off but the attitude he shown in his 15 minutes was exemplary. There for all to see he actually gave a shit and shown more energy and passion than pretty much everybody else that day.

I remain optimistic that Pellers will retain Jojo for next season as he still has lots to offer. No mater how poorly we have been playing recently, he is the one player who will always leave nothing on the pitch. He has quality in abundance, and we could do with many others having a similar work ethic.

His desire to move the ball quickly was evident yesterday. Work rate was high, he obviously knows he's fighting to stay here, and his desire showed. Would like to see him play a bit more. He's been a but unlucky and has to take his chances now.
He's young and could surely be converted to a high tempo efficient midfielder. Would be a shame to see a dynamic young player slip away( and probably come back to haunt us).

babyajay said:
Really hope he stays. I think it would be a poor move on our part if we move him on considering his age (25) and ability.

At a stage now where we need young, hungry, committed players and Stevan certainly fits the bill.

Personally think the lad has conducted himself very well during what must be a difficult period for him, not getting selected for the Champions League and not not featuring much, many would have spat their dummy out.

I know he had a little bit of a pop in the press but this lad has the attitude and talent to star in the new cycle we need.

Mentioned it before but for me you could see what the lad was all about when he came on against Burnley. Yes it didn't come off but the attitude he shown in his 15 minutes was exemplary. There for all to see he actually gave a shit and shown more energy and passion than pretty much everybody else that day.

I take it you missed that interview with the Daily Fail (or manybe the Daily Fail just obtained quotes) back in February after beeing dropped from the squad?

I think I would like him to stay - he still has so much raw potential, but I feel the only way is if Pellegrini goes and we move to one up front next season as I don't think he will ever fit into Pellegrini's plans.

Would Aguero, Bony and Jovetic as the established forwards plus a good youngster be enough for the squad playing 1 up top? I think it could be.

As others have said, to get in someone of his level of ability will cost double what we get back for him.

dobobobo said:
babyajay said:

I take it you missed that interview with the Daily Fail (or manybe the Daily Fail just obtained quotes) back in February after beeing dropped from the squad?

Read the line below.

richards30 said:
£12m? ??? £18m easy for jovetic! Quality player but finished here unfortunately
I was just mocking our sales department. If we managed to sale one of the best young defenders in the world for 7m why not sale Jovetic for 12m?

rnblade said:
His desire to move the ball quickly was evident yesterday. Work rate was high, he obviously knows he's fighting to stay here, and his desire showed. Would like to see him play a bit more. He's been a but unlucky and has to take his chances now.
He's young and could surely be converted to a high tempo efficient midfielder. Would be a shame to see a dynamic young player slip away( and probably come back to haunt us).

If we make a transition in the way we play, to a more expansive and countering style, then I agree that we should keep him an utilise his ability more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.