Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Good movement and always got his head up looking for the ball to receive it, at least he doesn't try and hide on the pitch when things aren't happening

hilts said:
A player who seems to get better and better the more he doesn't play, you're a strange lot
Haha! I know what you mean, it's not unusual for a players ability to be greatly exaggerated when they've been out for a while.
The thing is I think this lad does have some real quality about him. Had he remained fully fit and been given game time in his preferred position I think he'd have been a success here. As it is he's been a bit part player who's often thrown into games late and because he's trying hard to impress it shows in his game. He tries to do too much and can look like a player who's greedy or more interesting in showboating.
I'd be sorry to see him go but if there decent money available for him that helps shore up our midfield I'd sell.

problem for him even if he would start and score two vs Palace he could find himself back on bench or out of squad the next game. He is a cofidence player tat also needs the team built around his skills. It was a big mistake to sign him and not planning this sort of change at all. Also very injury prone but this was a public knowledge way before we signed him.

With him we paid the price of not thinking about transfers and how we would use him exactly. I think we did that mistake a few more times since then and especially before the Txiki era too.

Lets hope we become more clever on the transfer market from this summer.

He's a talented player but I dont think he fits our style of play.

It seems to me that his game only "works" when he becomes the focal point of the team which I dont think he ever will be at City.

Its a real disappointment not seeing this lad play regularly as he has got talent.

Sadly his injuries and the fact the gaffer doesn't rate him above other players means he will probably be gone soon and whilst that deal may suit us as a club, i cant help but feel this lad is going to go on and be a top player and worth a shit load of money.

I hope im wrong and he stays fit and stays because he fits the profile of what we need, young, hungry and very very good.

He will only get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.