Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

wolfie1988 said:
I can't warm to him currently. In a team that's in form, banging in the goals and creating clear cut chance after chance he'd probably be great.

However, at the moment i find him incredibly frustrating. His pussy footing around, flicks and throwing himself to the ground are just not what's needed currently. Want to see a bit of hard work, graft and back to basics from him and then when we're back on it he can showcase what he's got in his locker
Entirely wrong

Hard work and graft is OK for a relegation struggle but for a top 4 team to emphasise that turns us into a mid-table team

I'm not sure yet whether Jovetic is good enough. All I've seen so far is glimpses. But very good news he played 90 mins.

Although it's not working for him 100% at the minute I would persist with him otherwise he will never assimilate in to the team. We need to give him time and with Dzeko out I think him and Agüero will come good.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
It's been stated a few times that Jovetic can play on the left of midfield but why have we never seen Pellegrini play him there?

he played on the left versus west ham and in the capital one game he started on the left till Silva got injured

Marvin said:
wolfie1988 said:
I can't warm to him currently. In a team that's in form, banging in the goals and creating clear cut chance after chance he'd probably be great.

However, at the moment i find him incredibly frustrating. His pussy footing around, flicks and throwing himself to the ground are just not what's needed currently. Want to see a bit of hard work, graft and back to basics from him and then when we're back on it he can showcase what he's got in his locker
Entirely wrong

Hard work and graft is OK for a relegation struggle but for a top 4 team to emphasise that turns us into a mid-table team

I'm not sure yet whether Jovetic is good enough. All I've seen so far is glimpses. But very good news he played 90 mins.

Whilst you are correct that hard work is not enough for the level of football we aspire to reach and that you need great skills, I think the argument should be about discipline and managing the basics before becoming expansive. I believe that Jovetic's indiscipline is such that he is a liability. His flicks and tricks mean that he loses the ball far too often. This is a prolem wherever he plays but is catastrophic when he plays deeper as the better teams can counter at pace and expose our attacking line up.

I would love him to provemewrong butI don't think he offers enough goal threat to allow us to cope with his weaknesses.

It's been stated a few times that Jovetic can play on the left of midfield but why have we never seen Pellegrini play him there?

Because midfielders need to graft - he doesn't come across as a grafter

Lavinda Past said:
117 M34 said:

Hmmm....

Navas anyone...?

Nasri anyone...?

Toure anyone...?

Navas works his fucking arse off, he's right up there with Milner and Zaba.

aguero93:20 said:
Lavinda Past said:
117 M34 said:

Hmmm....

Navas anyone...?

Nasri anyone...?

Toure anyone...?

I think we'll definitely have to disagree on that one, but what about the other two...?

Lavinda Past said:
Lavinda Past said:
Hmmm....

Navas anyone...?

Nasri anyone...?

Toure anyone...?

I think we'll definitely have to disagree on that one, but what about the other two...?

When they're on form they're usually working hard, unfortunately they don't seem to see the correlation.

Lavinda Past said:

When they're on form they're usually working hard, unfortunately they don't seem to see the correlation.

Grafters they're not. They have natural talent; not least the ability to keep the ball.

Which brings me back to the original point... As I see it, Jovetic works harder than both Toure and Nasri, and has more idea what do do with a football than Navas - A decent run in the team is what's needed. Starting Saturday preferably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.