Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Injuries aren't helping with settling with the team but 10 goals in 31 appearances isn't bad for a player who is still finding his feet in England even with the £22m price tag.

pikku said:
He could feature for us in the next game as it is just reported as a minor injury, it is quite frustrating to see such a talented player often sidelined due to niggling injuries. His skill for that zaba goal vs Roma was awesome and he has an eye for the goal apart from his wayward shooting. How great an addition would he be if he could stay fit most of the time.

I don't think anybody is saying he can't play. I'd even go so far as to say it'd probably be a laser show if he could get a run of games and mesh with the rest of the squad. I'm just not sure he has the desire needed for the grind of the PL. With the situation being what it is, he needs to suck it up and get in there even if he's not 100%.

pikku said:
He could feature for us in the next game as it is just reported as a minor injury, it is quite frustrating to see such a talented player often sidelined due to niggling injuries. His skill for that zaba goal vs Roma was awesome and he has an eye for the goal apart from his wayward shooting. How great an addition would he be if he could stay fit most of the time.

not a chance.MP said post match he's not playing again this year

The OS is reporting Jovetic's injury is from trying on Christmas jumpers. Don't they realize they can't treat him so rough?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8zZ510_ES8[/video]

^^ Maybe he should play with 10 jumpers on. That should offer nice protection against injury.

Jovetic didnt quite fit the system today, and i think he is a complicated player really.

Today we had a very very side to side team on the pitch, with no direct runs from Aguero and Nasri and no cheeky little through balls from Silva, the team went from left to right and back again like a pendulum.

Jovetic, as we have all seen every time he plays, runs forwards towards the goal with the ball at feet. Now, this does two things, one good and one bad; it's good as the opposition suddenly have to worry about these runs right at them, it's mixing it up, but it's bad as the entire rest of your attack is not playing that way so you end up singling yourself out for things going wrong, eg giving the ball away.

If nobody else is making similarly forward runs then your little layoffs go astray, as they did for Jovetic on numerous occasions today. This is why i was so disappointed with Milner's 1st half (which he remedied very well in the 2nd). Jov links up very well with Nasri and Sergio as they are likeminded (to an extent) and will be making little darts into the area as well.

I thought he would have profited from Nasri and Silva being on and should not have been subbed. Just want to defend him a bit as i thought he had a mixed performance but was hung out to dry by the formation.

He is struggling to fit into the team. Jovetic is an excellent Attacking Midfielder who can do a job as a second striker but isn't a player who can lead the line when either our other two strikers are injured.

Looks like he needs to play in a free role behind a striker, but I just don't think he's quite good enough to get that sort of freedom in our team. He's clearly good, but I don't think he's good enough to build a world class team around. I'd be looking to move him on and get someone who fits into our team better and could be more relied upon tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.