Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

I like him but I don't think he's the right player for us.He's neither one thing or another and unfortunately his quality isn't enough to justify him playing ahead of others.
He's a bit lightweight,which seems to be an Eastern European trait where we are concerned......I think we should cash in and purchase a more powerful and direct striker that will ruffle a few feathers.

BigOscar said:
Looks like he needs to play in a free role behind a striker, but I just don't think he's quite good enough to get that sort of freedom in our team. He's clearly good, but I don't think he's good enough to build a world class team around. I'd be looking to move him on and get someone who fits into our team better and could be more relied upon tbh

Agreed time to cut our losses in the summer.

I disagree, with the get rid. I just think he needs a run of games to get back to his best.
Trouble is, will he get them ?

BigOscar said:
Looks like he needs to play in a free role behind a striker, but I just don't think he's quite good enough to get that sort of freedom in our team. He's clearly good, but I don't think he's good enough to build a world class team around. I'd be looking to move him on and get someone who fits into our team better and could be more relied upon tbh

Think this is a fair assessment.

Ray78 said:
BigOscar said:

Agreed time to cut our losses in the summer.

I didn't see your posts above.....but yep,we all agree.

completely disagree with people saying he should be sold

a very clever player who can play in a couple of positions..........played well today, retains possession well and always looking to be positive on the ball...yes he does give the ball away sometimes but that can happen when you are trying to play the types of pass he is (maybe this is an area he could improve on)

His finishing is good

the only problems are his injuries...just been unlucky with them but thats not his fault.

He should definitely be kept

if we did get Bony from swansea it is dzeko that Id get rid of.......but id keep all 4 if possible

I am starting to not see the point in him. We bought him as a striker but he self proclaims that he is not a striker. He wants to play deep? How deep? Silva/Nasri deep? They are far better than him at that role. The fact that we had to take him off to put Milner up front tells a big story. Where on earth is this magical position that he supposedly plays in? Or does he simply not fit into our team?

He's just not very good is he. He doesn't score anywhere near enough to fill 1 of just 3 striker spots, he doesn't even come close to scoring in a lot of games. He also doesn't assist or create enough opportunities, hold possession well, or generally contribute to the team consistently. Add to all that his terrible injury record and its just a matter of time before he is moved on, unfortunately.

Why would we get rid of a very talented, young player who has shown recently he can score some very important goals?

What do some want on here? 11 Messi's?

I think much of his problems today could have been applied to most of this game's starting eleven. We can agree or differ about the strength of our squad, but I would suggest that our essential players are Hart, Zab, Komps, Demi, Clichy, Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Kun. Of these, only one started today's game. We have seen this before and have commented on our squad strength, real or perceived, many times. Given a full squad and with these same players all selected, the remaining players can each be comfortably accommodated with no downside in performance, but we are too dependant on our essential players and if a number of them are missing, the fringe players like Jovetic don't seem to have it in them to bridge the gap between the fringe and the elite. That's how it always seems to me anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.