Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

mekonmcfc said:
agueroooo Stupendous! said:
He is a good player however, as they say he is "a bag of injuries"
If I'm pellegrini I would kept Alvaro Negredo and sold him even with Alvaro long term injury.
Keeping guidetti or getting someone in a loan could solve the problem of strikers shortage.

The Guidetti myth raises its head again

You don't think keeping Guidetti as a fourth striker is a good idea ?

We don't have a fourth straiker!!!. So by law of nature something is better than nothing ...LoL

IanBishopsHaircut said:
mekonmcfc said:
agueroooo Stupendous! said:
He is a good player however, as they say he is "a bag of injuries"
If I'm pellegrini I would kept Alvaro Negredo and sold him even with Alvaro long term injury.
Keeping guidetti or getting someone in a loan could solve the problem of strikers shortage.

Haha bang on...Guidetti is almost reaching Bojinov delirium

True, why should we consider the option of using a player we currently own who has scored wherever he has gone when we can persist with the likes of Jovetic.

Tom_mcfc said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
mekonmcfc said:

Haha bang on...Guidetti is almost reaching Bojinov delirium

True, why should we consider the option of using a player we currently own who has scored wherever he has gone when we can persist with the likes of Jovetic.
In the Eredevisie and the SPL, hardly the top of European football.

colin's bell helmet said:
Underrated by most blues in my opinion, he's always actively looking for space to receive the ball whilst dragging defenders all over the place to create space in behind him. I think with a decent spell in the team his passing would improve and he'd start to prove a few doubters wrong. However that said injuries have prevented him getting that decent run in the side which is a worry, I'd let Dzeko go before I'd let Jovetic go personally.

+1

mosssideblue said:
Underrated by most blues in my opinion, he's always actively looking for space to receive the ball whilst dragging defenders all over the place to create space in behind him. I think with a decent spell in the team his passing would improve and he'd start to prove a few doubters wrong. However that said injuries have prevented him getting that decent run in the side which is a worry, I'd let Dzeko go before I'd let Jovetic go personally.

+1

+2

Also, he needs to learn (and be taught) that we play a possession game and you must not give the ball away cheaply. That means not so many flicks and tricks please Stevan, just keep it simple and pass the ball to a sky blue shirt please.

Every now and again when a great opportunity arises then fine, but not trying some daft move every time he gets the ball. This isn't a skill or capability issue, he just needs to be told.

Chippy_boy said:
mosssideblue said:

+1

+2

Also, he needs to learn (and be taught) that we play a possession game and you must not give the ball away cheaply. That means not so many flicks and tricks please Stevan, just keep it simple and pass the ball to a sky blue shirt please.

This isn't a skill or capability issue, he just needs to be told. Every now and again when a great opportunity arises then fine, but not trying some daft move every time he gets the ball.
Thought he did OK at home to Wednesday. In the 1st half only he and Navas looked dangerous.

He comes very very deep though for a forward and when you've got one up top that's a problem. I thought it was anyway. Thought Milner did a better jobwhen he went up front, but by then he had Nasri and Silva supplying him and didn't have to come deep.

Chippy_boy said:
mosssideblue said:

+1

+2

Every now and again when a great opportunity arises then fine, but not trying some daft move every time he gets the ball. This isn't a skill or capability issue, he just needs to be told.

I expect he will have been told, several times by now.

It seems like an ingrained trait, The result of being the main man in most of the teams that he's played for. The guy who was always expected to provide the moment of magic.

I suspect his problem isnt so much not knowing that he needs to scale it back, its having the confidense to do the simple suff when he knows he's fighting for his place. Its like he's trapped in a vicious circle, the more he feels his place is vulnerable, the more he'll do the exact opposite of what's required of him.

Chippy_boy said:
mosssideblue said:

+1

+2

That's the part of his game I think everyone gets frustrated with

I imagine it is something he will have to lose quickly otherwise he'll get shipped out

I don't think you can question his ability as a footballer, but these flicks and exaggerated stepovers usually end up with us giving the ball away

He's got a goal in his last game, That should take the pressure off. Good chance he'll start at Everton. Unlikely to be Dzeko and Jovetic?

Marvin said:
He's got a goal in his last game, That should take the pressure off. Good chance he'll start at Everton. Unlikely to be Dzeko and Jovetic?

I agree. And regards your previous post, yes I agree with that too. Although "expensive" in terms of losing possession all the time, he did at least look like he might actually score at some point. I was surprised that we took him off at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.