Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we get rid of Aguero and Kompany then?

Deary me.

I think both have serious injury issues & probably will never play full seasons. I would be gutted to see either leave us, but we need effective cover, as neither can be relied upon to stay fit.

I think we could be writing him off too soon,let's just wait and see I get the feeling he could be to eager to get back and with our problems in defence it's making that even more so...

It's a bit premature to write him off.

As an example, Rio Ferdinand suffered a few injury hit seasons between 2008-11 at a similar age, but recovered to play a lot more games in the following seasons, including their title win in 2013. As have Ledley King and John Terry amongst others.

Just don't think we can rely on him as a regular, first-choice at the moment. Certainly something that needs to be addressed in the summer though. Can't see us buying in January though.

Will stick by him. He's. Been colossal for us and is a part of the blue family. However long it takes vinny !

massive blow today not only to the team but to Vinny personally. We have to now look at a proper world class CB to be brought in (don't think it will be this January) because Otamendi and Mangala together are too frail

Hope it is nothing serious and that Vinny will be back asap

Unlike some I'm not going to give up on him .
And I'm not buying that he puts Belgium before Manchester City .
This guy loves Manchester City F.C

Last edited:
It's a bit premature to write him off.

As an example, Rio Ferdinand suffered a few injury hit seasons between 2008-11 at a similar age, but recovered to play a lot more games in the following seasons, including their title win in 2013. As have Ledley King and John Terry amongst others.

Just don't think we can rely on him as a regular, first-choice at the moment. Certainly something that needs to be addressed in the summer though. Can't see us buying in January though.
Posted earlier on a thread ric,we might have to dip into the Jan window as with our luck this season with injuries nothing would surprise me if one of otto or mangala got injured( of course hope that's not the case).We need to be pro active and not think come end of season what if,our attack is fine midfield ok but our defence is where the majority of the problems lie.When was the last time we kept a clean sheet it's that if anything that will cost us the league in my opinion..

Posted earlier on a thread ric,we might have to dip into the Jan window as with our luck this season with injuries nothing would surprise me if one of otto or mangala got injured( of course hope that's not the case).We need to be pro active and not think come end of season what if,our attack is fine midfield ok but our defence is where the majority of the problems lie.When was the last time we kept a clean sheet it's that if anything that will cost us the league in my opinion..

Yeah, that's a fair point. Very difficult to get players of the required standard in January though, especially with a managerial change happening in the summer. A loan deal for an experienced Premier League centre half would be ideal, but can't think who would be available who fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.