Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think Kompany's done. Very sad but his message on Facebook tonight was filled of genuine emotion and I think he knows it too.

Calf again? It doesn't seem like it should be a complex part of the body to isolate in the gym, and basically make bulletproof. Then again I've never sustained a calf injury so can't relate. If I could sell him mine I would, but they'd need tanning.

I reckon Otamendi will kick on for you in the 2nd half of the season, more self-assured in a new club & country, and provide Mangala the guidance he seems to need (if Vinnie's woes continue).

Next season we should have Vinny, Mangala, Otamendi and Denayer. That is still some very good CB options.

The problem is that Mangala is good with Kompany and Otamendi looks good with Kompany but Otamendi and Mangala don't look a good CB partnership. We need a player that can work with either Mangala or Otamendi for when Kompany isn't fit.

We should perhaps be looking at releasing MD and bringing in a loan player.

I honestly think Kompany's done. Very sad but his message on Facebook tonight was filled of genuine emotion and I think he knows it too.

I don't know that he's done, but I wonder if he can't heal up after a couple of months of rehab then maybe he's been told surgery is the next step. That's pretty rare for a calf, but his problems have been pretty chronic.

You know he'll want to be 100% for the Euros so that would mean going under the knife ASAP and missing his time with City now so he would have the best chance to be fit this summer.

Perhaps he was thinking he could make it through until the Euros, do surgery, then miss the opening part of 2016-17 with City and then come back.

I have a friend who used to play footy with recurring calf issues and when he finally had tendon replacement surgery it took him around 6 months before he was able to come back close to normal.

Now VK is a highly-trained athlete, so maybe it wouldn't be near this long, but if surgery is in the offing the recovery time will be lengthy regardless of the person.

Again just a guess, trying to piece together the forlorn FB post and his injury situation.

Last edited:
Reading his facebook page he's still going to give his best for the club .
This guys been our best captain since Paul Power .
He will be back for February .

Having not read the whole thread I'm guessing you're referring to the comments that going forward he is not dependable. If someone has that attitude it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the upmost respect and appreciation of what he has done.

Edit.. Quoted a reply not the initial comment. Too inebriated to sort it. Oops.
Yes i appreciate that. I'm referring to the posts along the lines of "F##k him off now", "He can do one for me "and the like.

I don't know that he's done, but I wonder if he can't heal up after a couple of months of rehab then maybe he's been told surgery is the next step. That's pretty rare for a calf, but his problems have been pretty chronic.

You know he'll want to be 100% for the Euros so that would mean going under the knife ASAP and missing his time with City now so he would have the best chance to be fit this summer.

Perhaps he was thinking he could make it through until the Euros, do surgery, then miss the opening part of 2016-17 with City and then come back.

I have a friend who used to play footy with recurring calf issues and when he finally had tendon replacement surgery it took him around 6 months before he was able to come back close to normal.

Now VK is a highly-trained athlete, so maybe it wouldn't be near this long, but if surgery is in the offing the recovery time will be lengthy regardless of the person.

Again just a guess, trying to piece together the forlorn FB post and his injury situation.

I honestly think if surgery would be the best option to fixing the issue in the long term the club would have pushed for it. I think the problem for Vincent, and similar with Aguero, is that the problems are all muscular and the niggles they get aren't going away. I hope to god I'm wrong but I really can't see Vincent ever being back to his best. Obviously this isn't based on medical knowledge so I could be absolutely wrong! I'm just basing it on his reaction tonight, his Facebook post and his past injury list.

Yes i appreciate that. I'm referring to the posts along the lines of "F##k him off now", "He can do one for me "and the like.
I never understand these "he has to go comments". They have contracts and if no one makes a bid they're going no where. Getting ride of Vincent serves absolutely no purpose.

So yeah I'd agree with you whole heartedly in that case.

Can't be arsed reading the thread but anyone who is coming out with "sell him" clearly doesn't value loyalty at all. The type to sell out friends and family that have given so much to you for money or success. Same concept with club and players like Kompany. One of the worst poor attributes someone can have about them in my opinion. He's having trouble but he's not a complete crock.

What's success without all the other great stuff about the club?

Can't be arsed reading the thread but anyone who is coming out with "sell him" clearly doesn't value loyalty at all. The type to sell out friends and family that have given so much to you for money or success. Same concept with club and players like Kompany. One of the worst poor attributes someone can have about them in my opinion. He's having trouble but he's not a complete crock.

What's success without all the other great stuff about the club?

It's typical blue knee jerk reaction stuff, we are all prone to it from time to time. We are better with him in the team and he currently can't contribute so fuck him off. There's every chance he could rest up for a couple of months and come back strong for the run in when we would need him the most. This is a fella who deserves the club to not give up on him imo. Same with Sergio, the contribution of these 2 lads to how far we have come can never be understated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.