Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both have serious injury issues & probably will never play full seasons. I would be gutted to see either leave us, but we need effective cover, as neither can be relied upon to stay fit.

Hard to just go out and buy someone to be good enough. Look at the defence without Kompany in it and with two centre backs that cost 60-70m combined.

Whilst Vinny's injury record is concerning there is still no reason to sell him.

We can easily cope with Vinny and 3 other CBs. It is the fact that Mangala's form has been erratic and Demichellis is past it which has hindered us. Even if we can only get 20 games a season from Vinny it is worth having him in the squad.

Next season we should have Vinny, Mangala, Otamendi and Denayer. That is still some very good CB options.

Have you actually seen the results without Kompany this season? Weve been useless.

We've been living off the hope Kompany will stay fit but he can't.

Well seeing that we have had half of our squad out injured we doing fine and we always come good in final part of the season could be where the scum are looking shite after spending 300m or even Chelsea

It's all about the team, the club.
Having not read the whole thread I'm guessing you're referring to the comments that going forward he is not dependable. If someone has that attitude it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the upmost respect and appreciation of what he has done.

Edit.. Quoted a reply not the initial comment. Too inebriated to sort it. Oops.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Very difficult to get players of the required standard in January though, especially with a managerial change happening in the summer. A loan deal for an experienced Premier League centre half would be ideal, but can't think who would be available who fits the bill.
Agreed a loan would be the most obvious option,who we could get well that's the question as you say if possible someone with experience in the league,just don't want us all thinking end of season damn it what if..

Otamendi has actually been very good this season but pairing him with Managala has made him look less accomplished (they are not a good pairing and Mangala requires too much cover). Pair Otamendi with an got Kompany or another truly top class centreback and we'll have a great defensive base.

I do not want Kompany to go but we do need to start the transition planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.