Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His plight provides proof if it were needed that we desperately need a third, quality, CB. Clearly the club should have retained Denayer over MDM but we are where we are and should strengthen in the Jan window.

If it means going into the close season with Kompany, Denayer, Mangaler, Otamendi, A.N Other competing for 2/3 CB slots then so be it. Better to have an embarrassment of CB riches at the start of next season and perhaps look to move one or two on than the alternative...

Can't be arsed reading the thread but anyone who is coming out with "sell him" clearly doesn't value loyalty at all. The type to sell out friends and family that have given so much to you for money or success. Same concept with club and players like Kompany.

Sorry but you are miles off the mark here. Footballers are commodities to be bought and sold. There is zero room for sentiment. You may find that brutal and hard to accept, but that is the way it is, simple as that.

And incidentally, yes, i do hope that vinnie recovers from this btw.

I hope VK stays with us for the rest of his career and goes on to become a club ambassador, coach/manager or even a TV pundit.
He is blue through and through and fully deserves every support from us fans in what must be difficult times.

i think it would be foolish to lay out big bucks in January - never gonna get value there. Better bet is to look for a MDM c. 2013 equivalent - an experienced hand who can do a short-term job and organize our defence properly. Another alternative is to try signing a right back (which we need anyway) and use Sagna in central defence.

It's a bit premature to write him off.

As an example, Rio Ferdinand suffered a few injury hit seasons between 2008-11 at a similar age, but recovered to play a lot more games in the following seasons, including their title win in 2013. As have Ledley King and John Terry amongst others.

Just don't think we can rely on him as a regular, first-choice at the moment. Certainly something that needs to be addressed in the summer though. Can't see us buying in January though.

Camel gob was pretty much shot during that period of 2009-onwards though. Was never the same player.

I will never forget Bellamy leaving him for dead at the swamp, to carry the ball unchallenged and equalise 3-3.

It pains me to say it but Vinnie is looking really close to being finished, there doesn't seem to be an answer to his problems, they're relentless.

At this rate he won't be here in 18 months.

Fingers crossed we have substantial change in fortune.

if Vinny play in euro in the summer, without a long vacation, his calf injury will get worse next season.

can we rely on Otamendi, Mangala and Denayer all season?? i don't think so.

we need to sign another top CB during the summer - John Stones.

Have City given indication about exactly what is wrong with his calf? I did read somewhere that the club had decided to treat it with rest rather than an op, but don't know what a calf op would entail, how long he would be out.

i think it would be foolish to lay out big bucks in January - never gonna get value there. Better bet is to look for a MDM c. 2013 equivalent - an experienced hand who can do a short-term job and organize our defence properly. Another alternative is to try signing a right back (which we need anyway) and use Sagna in central defence.

There is value in the market at any time when buying, it's about buying the right player (obviously)

The rags bought both Evra and Vidic in Jan Windows, so you can get quality and longevity. hopefully we've been doing better homework on replacements than recent times.

No.1 - bring back deynar if possible
No.2 - buy big and buy fast. The league is always the most important competition, so cup tied players shouldn't be ignored.

On the positive side; at least we didn't concede while he was on the pitch!

In all seriousness though, personally I really feel for him. As much as I'm frustrated that he is not playing, we all need to get behind him while he gets through this. It's the least he deserves after everything he has done for our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.