Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to you Vincent kompany .......
Let us not forget, sentimentality is allowed in his case

We spent 30 million on Mangala and the same on Otamendi, and we should rely on them.

If 30 million player is not good enough to start then sell him.

We spent 30 million on Mangala and the same on Otamendi, and we should rely on them.

If 30 million player is not good enough to start then sell him.

otamendi is good enough - mangala - not so much, but it's about decent cover also.

DM just doesn't have the energy for two games in a week. He didn't have legs last years, this year he's not slower, just less oiled.

We need 4 decent CB's

I don't think otamendi trusts mangala so is always trying to see where he is rather than concentrating on his role

It was hilarious yesterday in 115, people blaming the manager for his injury. At what point do we accept we can no longer rely on him?

Can't blame anyone for this, is it in kompany's head and psychological. He would have made similar movements in training all week then he finally gets on the pitch and feels something.

Think there needs to be some type of decision as to where Kompany is within the squad, we can't rely on him to be available to play anymore making Otemendi and Mangala first choice now. If we sold vinnie he could go elsewhere and a change of scenery might sort his head out where he is with his injury. Unfortunatly for us he'd probably return back to where he was in 2012 knowing our luck.

I used to do ultra distance running and as I aged, my calf continually failed with muscle tears and tweaks. I would sometimes think I could run through the pain (and believe me it's like having a knife raked along your calf) however it just progressively got worse!

Even with rest, the muscle recovered but I had aged further, and when I returned to fitness, I was asking the same muscle that was incapable of performing previously to do the same again even though it was more scared and older!

In short, eventually I had to realise that ageing was the overriding problem and no amount of rest would combat it. I had to accept that some athletes are susceptible to calf injuries and sadly I was one of those. I rather suspect VK is similar.

As an aside, I do find that the pitch side warm ups that players do to be woefully short in length and I often wonder why we don't adopt the Rugby League philosophy of substitutes cycling on low tension spin bikes, just to ensure and assist blood flow into the leg muscles.

Can't blame anyone for this, is it in kompany's head and psychological. He would have made similar movements in training all week then he finally gets on the pitch and feels something.

Think there needs to be some type of decision as to where Kompany is within the squad, we can't rely on him to be available to play anymore making Otemendi and Mangala first choice now. If we sold vinnie he could go elsewhere and a change of scenery might sort his head out where he is with his injury. Unfortunatly for us he'd probably return back to where he was in 2012 knowing our luck.
Sorry but leaving to sort his head out. I despair.

i think it would be foolish to lay out big bucks in January - never gonna get value there. Better bet is to look for a MDM c. 2013 equivalent - an experienced hand who can do a short-term job and organize our defence properly. Another alternative is to try signing a right back (which we need anyway) and use Sagna in central defence.
If we cannot get Shawcross for a reasonable cost then an experienced loan would be good. I guess we don't want to spend big money if Pep is coming. Not sure what the possibilities are though. Especially as they would have to offer the pace to make them an upgrade on Demi. We'd have to be able to move Demi on as well.

We can't plan on having VK back this season unfortunately. We can just hope like hell.

Sorry but leaving to sort his head out. I despair.

He must be in the downward spiral of having the same people saying the same thing about his calf leaving him to doubt himself. I'd imagine it's getting pretty depressing for him and in his head all the time that he's waiting to feel the twinge from his calf.

If pep does come in the summer I hope he brings new medical staff with him as it may help vinny having someone new saying something to him rather than who we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.