Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's laughable to think how posters with blue tinted specs were saying, when we signed him that he was going to make all the difference and - with Sergio _ propel us to another Premiership.
Spent all that money: didn't see him for a month: then our form dips and results go from bad to worse: he scores a goal, at last, gets a knock, and just when we think we might have seen the last of a disinterested Dzeko, and Bony might make the difference in the derby....
Ycmiu. Only at City. £25M+. 1 goal.
Where's my whisky....

the blue panther said:
It's laughable to think how posters with blue tinted specs were saying, when we signed him that he was going to make all the difference and - with Sergio _ propel us to another Premiership.
Spent all that money: didn't see him for a month: then our form dips and results go from bad to worse: he scores a goal, at last, gets a knock, and just when we think we might have seen the last of a disinterested Dzeko, and Bony might make the difference in the derby....
Ycmiu. Only at City. £25M+. 1 goal.
Where's my whisky....

Quite simply, we should have waited until summer. We could have even signed Bony in the summer, but we'd have more choice because options appear on the market.

The thinking in January struck me as very simplistic (and worrying). We'd had injuries so they decide to sign a fourth striker - who would not return until AFTER the other 3 were fit. OK, we play 4-4-2 but have shown we can play with 1 up front (and usually look better...) in the rare event of an injury crisis.

So by the time Bony was back, we had (I think) three fit strikers again. Instead of working on the balance of the team, they again decided to bloat our squad at the front end when we could have benefited so much more from a top class central midfielder or even a winger. If neither was available then just save the money. Our transfer policy has been very unimpressive and I really, really hope whoever takes over from Pellegrini does away with this striker stockpile obsession.

Maybe Bony's value to City isn't defined by a 5 month period between January and May but by his overall value to the squad over the length of his 4 year contract?

Stunningly original idea I know, but just a thought.

Damocles said:
Maybe Bony's value to City isn't defined by a 5 month period between January and May but by his overall value to the squad over the length of his 4 year contract?

Lol I was thinking how short sighted people sound. He's 27 ffs, he's got probably another 6 years at the top of his game.

Ban-jani said:
Damocles said:

Lol I was thinking how short sighted people sound. He's 27 ffs, he's got probably another 6 years at the top of his game.
Which striker over 32 is having the best season in the Premier League this season?

NQCitizen said:
Ban-jani said:
Damocles said:

Which striker over 32 is having the best season in the Premier League this season?

Why does it have to be this season?

Drogba was fine at the end of his last spell at Chelsea, and he had similar attributes to Bony.

Do you really need me to provide you a list of premier league strikers who did well after 32? There's plenty.

Ban-jani said:
NQCitizen said:
Ban-jani said:

Drogba was fine at the end of his last spell at Chelsea, and he had similar attributes to Bony.

Do you really need me to provide you a list of premier league strikers who did well after 32? There's plenty.
I think it's fair to say the likes of Drogba / Shearer / Ibra etc were far ahead of Bony in their prime.

FFS sake give te guys a chance, he has looked good in games played so far. Certainly looks like he has more to offer than Dzeko, and his contribution to the last 3 seasons before this one wasn't to bad

NQCitizen said:
Ban-jani said:
NQCitizen said:

I think it's fair to say the likes of Drogba / Shearer / Ibra etc were far ahead of Bony in their prime.

LOL! Ibrahimovic has never played in the Premier League and Shearer played in a different era of the Premier League.

If you're going to knock a City player who is just getting started, get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.