Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the originalkippaxman said:
Bony Watch

Wilfried came on for his 9th Appearance for Manchester City in the 62nd minute against a strong QPR team.

His close control against a strong powerful technically perfect QPR defence was a breath of fresh air against the clumsiness that is generally seen with the likes of Dzeko.
He chased the defence down hard and although not able to keep up to pace with the athletic young defenders in Dunn and Hill he gave his all to get to the ball first but that was not possible against such quick players.

The headed pass to Aguero for the assist to Milner was a stroke of genius. Where he could have used the free header to bury the ball in the back of the net he fooled the defence and keeper and purposely missed it to lay the ball up for Aguero. Clearly a great football brain.
As for the ferocious back heel attempted shot from the edge of the box once again touch of genius fooled everyone in the ground and thankfully Silva was on hand as he was on the same wavelength.

Had a few difficult shots especially the one on one with the keeper. Just as he was about to let loose with his shot a young fan could be heard screaming in the stand and that must have distracted him. Harder to miss than score so taking that in to consideration he did really well in missing it.

Hope is still there for him at City as although he has played 9 times for us and only scored the 1 goal. Willy Caballero has played 7 times for City and he hasn’t scored yet so at least he is doing better than him.

Summary still a lot of work to do and must be worth the £25M that was paid for him. If he can lose a bit of weight, run a bit quicker and hit the target will be a great buy. The new Jo.

funny_faces_of_dogs_shaking_heads_17.gif

Just about to hit the shut eye in 5 hours we are off to the land of sheep. Just like to post an encouraging message to Wilfried as he is off back to a previous club. Wilfried stay positive we know Sadie Mane managed to score a hat trick less quicker than you signed that contract. But this has to be your time because let's be honest you have been fucking woeful.

Though on a positive note those that have given me shit on this forum will need to reevaluate their knowledge of the beautiful game tomorrow.

I don't like being proven right this is our club but there is some clueless fuckers that follow us. Feel free to write your names below. Though I will start off with a right believe they know it all stalking **** bag

FantasyIreland

Just about to hit the shut eye in 5 hours we are off to the land of sheep. Just like to post an encouraging message to Wilfried as he is off back to a previous club. Wilfried stay positive we know Sadie Mane managed to score a hat trick less quicker than you signed that contract. But this has to be your time because let's be honest you have been fucking woeful.

Though on a positive note those that have given me shit on this forum will need to reevaluate their knowledge of the beautiful game tomorrow.

I don't like being proven right this is our club but there is some clueless fuckers that follow us. Feel free to write your names below. Though I will start off with a right believe they know it all stalking c**t bag

FantasyIreland
Wow what a sado you are

Puteulanus luna said:

I don't like being proven right this is our club but there is some clueless fuckers that follow us. Feel free to write your names below. Though I will start off with a right believe they know it all stalking c**t bag

FantasyIreland
Wow what a sado you are
Correct.

mosssideblue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Goals aside, he appears to do the things we've been waiting 4 years for Dzeko to do.

His first touch is sublime and he has the power to hold people off. Afraid the writing is on the wall for Edin

Bang on .... and despite him being much shorter than Dzeko he appears to better in the air and more of asset defending set pieces as well fi ... Can't understand the stick from some quarters give the bloke a chance ....

I like what he said about forming a partnership with Aguero, shows he wants to make it here. From the Guardian:
Bony said of Agüero, who leads the Premier League scoring table: “He’s one of the best. He’s got 25 goals in the league – hopefully now he will be the top scorer. You can see when we play together that there is something there. You can see we are both different, too. I couldn’t say I’m quicker than him but he’s not stronger than me. But we can work together and complement each other.

“Together I think we can be quite scary. That’s why I want to prepare myself for the next season and make sure I am ready for that. It’s been a difficult time here at City but this is football. I can’t choose the international programme. I can’t choose the time to be injured. Of course I would like to have been here more, to be fit and to be scoring – but that is something you can’t control.

“All I can do now is work, try and help my team. But I like it here, this club is always fighting, the pressure is everywhere. I am not afraid about that. I knew at Swansea if you want to get to play for a top-four club I needed to prepare very well do my best and score a lot of goals – that what I’ve done. So I’m here now. I’ve come late in the season but I just need to prepare myself for next season. We’ll see how I do then.”

Bony is clear City’s supporters have not see the best of him. “No they haven’t,” he added. “There is not long left between now and the end of the season. I just hope we can keep our second position while I try to prepare myself for the next season. Next season is when you will see the real Bony at City. It’s about me trying to adapt to the way City play. Some of these players have been here for a long time but I’ve just arrived. I’ve needed to get to know the players, introduce myself to them, but still do my best for the team while they are waiting for me to do it. It’s a different type of player here.”

FantasyIreland

What the feck does less quicker mean? Do you mean he took longer to sign the contract? Or that it took him less time to sign it?

Anyway as I'm a newcomer I thought Les Quickly was a Centre back from 1974 that I'd forgotton.

Aguero/Bony will hopefully be as good as Aguero/Negredo.

Bony and Negredo are both similar players - strong, hold the ball up excellently, clever movement, good finishers.

Aguero/Negredo at its best was unbelievably good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.