Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's no better than Dzeko and we hugely overpaid him. I'd be happy to see him having Dzeko's return but I doubt it.

Control 'meh'
Passing 'meh'
Workrate 'meh'
Tackling 'meh'
Positioning 'meh'
Shooting 'meh'

I hope he's just and slow starter and proves me wrong

madden150 said:
Control 'meh'
Passing 'meh'
Workrate 'meh'
Tackling 'meh'
Positioning 'meh'
Shooting 'meh'

I hope he's just and slow starter and proves me wrong

Problem is he's usually a really quick starter, and scored in almost all of his debuts.

Feel for the guy, he needs a goal soon otherwise people will start to get on his back. He has proved he has the quality to be a top striker but he has joined the team at a time where we are bang out of form and in an ammount of termoil. I am sure he will come good given time and a run in the team.

bigimg]

original.jpg

The thing is MP on his first day on City TV said he wanted him at Malaga on loan? Yet the club let him go on a free (piss poor)..

His first goal must be coming because I cant imagine what it would be like for him to finish the season without scoring here. Not like 1 goal scored would be hell of an impact from a January signed expensive striker. Clearly he is under pressure but what else he expected. He had chances to score in recent games but fucked up them.

Certainly his next full season is the most important in his City career. But if he is shit this few remaining weeks we might just sign someone else to partner Aguero especially if we sell Dzeko/jovetic. And then Bony could end up 3rd choice even 4th choice.

So I think he better shows he can be trusted by scoring a few in last 9 PL games. Funny thing is Dzeko imo will start 3-4 of those probably. Even if he is likely to leave.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He needs to start Saturday.

It's still too early to judge him.

I agree it's far too early to judge him but the signs are not that promising so far.

His situation reminds me of when we sign Dzeko in January 2011, he struggled in his first 6 months but found his feet in the following season.

sam-caddick said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He needs to start Saturday.

It's still too early to judge him.

I agree it's far too early to judge him but the signs are not that promising so far.

His situation reminds me of when we sign Dzeko in January 2011, he struggled in his first 6 months but found his feet in the following season.

And them lost em again......

He's another player signed who doesn't fit the 'philosophy' the entire club is supposed to be following, that being an attractive possession based style of play.

Like Dzeko, the ball bounces off him. That's even worse when you have 2 strikers because it means you're usually 1 light in midfield when possession does break down with him.

His holdup play has been decent but to me, he's an expensive 3rd choice striker at a top club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.