Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will not be long till the penny drops with you lot to realise this guy is totally fucking wank I do feel sorry for him because he is getting shown up for the player he is. Fuck me this guy is 25 million pounds worth of fucking dog turd. That is 25 million pounds that could have been put towards a player that knows how to play the fucking game.

He's come in while our entire team is struggling, I'm not surprised he hasn't scored tbh. Hardly like Dzeko, Jovetic or even Aguero are setting the world alight atm.

Once again I say, at Swansea he was a big fish in a little pond, here he is a little fish in a big pond. He will probably come good but we should have waited until the summer to buy him, he wasn't available for the first month after his signing so why did we bother.

Give him a fresh start next season. Send him out on loan somewhere for now.

i personally think city get over charged for players - 30 mill? would have been a goon signing for 15 mill. i still think there's far better players we could have bought.

Bony is a good player, but at our level he is at best backup material. And there in lies our problem. He can dominate at Swansea, just like Lukaku can dominate at Everton, but the best coaches have a good sense for who can cut it at the very highest level. And if you don't fit that bill, you shouldn't be moved up. Except in a backup role. And that should never cost 28 million.

Sure, we should wait and give him his due time to try, but like Giroud and Welbeck at Arsenal, Benteke at Villa, and Lukaku at Everton, Bony is on that level. He can lead a mid table club, but does not seem to have the very top end technical skill to be a stud at the very highest level. That's what I thought of him at Swansea, and it's what I still think of him now.

Dax777 said:
Bony is a good player, but at our level he is at best backup material. And there in lies our problem. He can dominate at Swansea, just like Lukaku can dominate at Everton, but the best coaches have a good sense for who can cut it at the very highest level. And if you don't fit that bill, you shouldn't be moved up. Except in a backup role. And that should never cost 28 million.

Sure, we should wait and give him his due time to try, but like Giroud and Welbeck at Arsenal, Benteke at Villa, and Lukaku at Everton, Bony is on that level. He can lead a mid table club, but does not seem to have the very top end technical skill to be a stud at the very highest level. That's what I thought of him at Swansea, and it's what I still think of him now.

Very articulately put and I feel you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. I would like to add that you in fairness rate him a lot higher than I think he deserves. Because if we are honest he is more fucking Championship level probably the worst fucking buy in 30 years and that is saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.