Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax777 said:
Bony is a good player, but at our level he is at best backup material. And there in lies our problem. He can dominate at Swansea, just like Lukaku can dominate at Everton, but the best coaches have a good sense for who can cut it at the very highest level. And if you don't fit that bill, you shouldn't be moved up. Except in a backup role. And that should never cost 28 million.

Sure, we should wait and give him his due time to try, but like Giroud and Welbeck at Arsenal, Benteke at Villa, and Lukaku at Everton, Bony is on that level. He can lead a mid table club, but does not seem to have the very top end technical skill to be a stud at the very highest level. That's what I thought of him at Swansea, and it's what I still think of him now.
Agree with everything you've said apart from I think Giroud, Welbeck are probably a level above him.Pretty much said this after we signed him going from what I seen of him for Swansea and not just from watching a highlight reel of a few goals he scored.

I sincerely hope that some of you end up with a fucking big dollop of egg on your faces.The lad has proven himself in the PL and just because we as a team are going through a bad phase,doesn`t mean he has become a shit player overnight !!!
Look at the number of goals he has scored and how many Blue Mooners have said after watching MOTD ,brilliant ?
Watch this space and remember how many of you have slagged him off.
Wilf make some of these fuckers come back and suck your cock.

oakiecokie said:
I sincerely hope that some of you end up with a fucking big dollop of egg on your faces.
I sincerely hope so too oakie, but so far I haven't seen anything that he will add at the level we were playing at tonight, and not much at league level either, its a big step up I know, so I'm happy to have some patience.

cleavers said:
oakiecokie said:
I sincerely hope that some of you end up with a fucking big dollop of egg on your faces.
I sincerely hope so too oakie, but so far I haven't seen anything that he will add at the level we were playing at tonight, and not much at league level either, its a big step up I know, so I'm happy to have some patience.
Me too but I don't see him having any much impact unless we dropped Aguero, played with width, put lots of crosses in (especially early deep ones) and made him the focal point of our attack...yet we've said the same regards Dzeko for years so that's not going to happen. So it does look a silly pointless expensive signing

Really worried about this signing. Didn't have a great feeling about it from day one.

Fear we've spent big money on a player who could struggle to match Dzeko's goal ratio. Also, given he hasn't rescued our title campaign, or started many league games or the Barca ties, it begs the question what the f*** the board were thinking paying January 'panic buy' prices whilst alienating Jovetic. Surely it would have made sense to see if Bony's form held till the summer then offered 30m, it's not like his value would have jumped another 10m if we'd done that.

At the moment, Txixi/Soriano should be the ones being asked the difficult questions come the summer, not Pellegrini.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
cleavers said:
oakiecokie said:
Me too but I don't see him having any much impact unless we dropped Aguero, played with width, put lots of crosses in (especially early deep ones) and made him the focal point of our attack...yet we've said the same regards Dzeko for years so that's not going to happen. So it does look a silly pointless expensive signing

This is another worry of mine. Bony has thrived on systems which play a simpler brand of football. If City are aspiring to one day catch up with the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca - then signing him isn't a move in the right direction.

Not sure how so few of you guys see this man's potential impact. Him and aguero will definitely form our most tantilizing forward duo yet. It's going to be aguero + negredo at their best but better... I've seen all I need to see already. Just wait on it

oakiecokie said:
I sincerely hope that some of you end up with a fucking big dollop of egg on your faces.The lad has proven himself in the PL and just because we as a team are going through a bad phase,doesn`t mean he has become a shit player overnight !!!
Look at the number of goals he has scored and how many Blue Mooners have said after watching MOTD ,brilliant ?
Watch this space and remember how many of you have slagged him off.
Wilf make some of these fuckers come back and suck your cock.

I could be squatted on my hands and knees waiting and he would still miss the chance

Its the usual problem of trying to integrate a January signing. He'll be better next season, although I doubt that he was ever viewed to be more than a 3rd choice striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.