Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfred Bony where to start? Basically an overprices Negredo. We loaned Negredo out who did the one thing Bony doesn't do. Score. I think Bony is one of those players who will slowly slip away just like the likes of Scotty Sinclair and Jack Rodwell. I am disgusted in Pellegrinis transfer dealings. Sack Pellegrini and take Wilfred with you!

You don't go from scoring that level of goals, across 2 seasons, to being a bad player. It just doesn't happen. He wasn't/isn't a one season wonder.

What happen is you can go from being well managed to being mismanaged. Dumped on the bench. Getting one start. Go to a team who are on a real downer, on the pitch, and most likely behind the scenes. Hardly anyone is playing with confidence. What do people expect of him. Had we have bought silva in January people would think he was poor, kompany etc etc. How can we expect Bony to be ripping up trees when the whole team is below par.

He will come good.

Like someone said give the lad at least half of next season to judge him.. The difference of style of play and parked buses he will have to get used to. At swansea he had a lot of space to control the ball and shoot here he has none plus he has options to pass and I feel he thinks he should be passing it, at swansea he would shoot 99% of the time..

To say it is too early to judge him would be an understatement. This time next year we will know whether we have a player or not. Personally I am confident he will score shit loads for us but just at the moment pretty much nobody in the team around him is playing well so it isn't surprising that he hasn't hit the ground running.

He's a quality player and should now be given a run of games to settle into our side. I think we need to buy a winger who can cross the ball to get more out of him as well. Swansea do a lot of that with their wide players and Bony will have to adapt as Dzeko did to our style of play - it took Dzeko a while to get going. If we sign someone like Bale we will truly get the best out of Bony. He's a great player and will help give us a different option.

supercity88 said:
He's a quality player and should now be given a run of games to settle into our side. I think we need to buy a winger who can cross the ball to get more out of him as well. Swansea do a lot of that with their wide players and Bony will have to adapt as Dzeko did to our style of play - it took Dzeko a while to get going. If we sign someone like Bale we will truly get the best out of Bony. He's a great player and will help give us a different option.

HAS to start on Saturday

Personally I would give Sergio a rest and play Bony up top on his own

chris85mcfc said:
supercity88 said:

HAS to start on Saturday

Personally I would give Sergio a rest and play Bony up top on his own

I wouldn't object to that at all but I think it is unlikely. It's bound to be two up front.

It's not that he's a bad player, he's clearly not, he's a very effective yard dog, he's just not an improvement on Dzeko, not a top class player to make a difference so the desperation to get this one done in January was weird. Then again, this lots transfer decisions are utterly dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.