Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he scored but was very ordinary tonight. Crowd got on his back a bit but I think deservedly so as his movement was non existent.

Only hope is that he's still carrying an injury he can't shake and he'll come good.

Glad he scored but was very ordinary tonight. Crowd got on his back a bit but I think deservedly so as his movement was non existent.

Only hope is that he's still carrying an injury he can't shake and he'll come good.

Yep agree with all that mate, particularly that his lack of movement is down to fitness but if he's gonna cut it here he's gonna have to go up two or three gears

His inconsistency is going to cost him. One minute he can kill the ball. Swivel and be in space, the next he's doing his best impression of bambi on ice and losing possesion.
I desperately want him to succeed but to do so there needs to be more from him in pretty much all aspects of his game.

Took his goal well and had a few good touches but is a shadow of the commanding player he was at Swansea.
CTID

His postioning is absymal. He could've had 3 or 4 goals if he was in the right place at the right time but no desire or hunger to run there or even try to reach the ball.
Seems to lack 'balls', has a shot like he's got a club foot and positionally acts like Torres at Chelsea.

I was hoping he'd be our plan b when we needed steele upfront but don't think it's going to happen.

He'd be much more effective and adaptable if he had a bit of aggression to his game. Other than holding defenders off, with his back to goal, he doesn't really use his strength for much else.

Driving home after the match last night The Goat made a great point about Wilf. At Swansea he was the main man and they played through him and adapted their style to suit their main man. At City he has to adapt his style to suit us as he isn't the main man. The second goal was all about quick incisive passing and a first time cross which was the right thing to do as Kelechi was in the right position, would Wilf?

I just wish he would show a little bit of fight or emotion. He is expressionless when he misses or loses the ball and the same when he scores. You rarely see him break out into a sprint. He epitomises the 'will do a job' sort of striker when frankly he should be putting it all on the line to impress in the absence of Kun. People are starting to get on his back a little bit now but he could easily sort that out by visibly putting in a bit of effort or showing a bit of fire. He's nowhere close to being good enough to amble around nonchalantly for 90 minutes.

I have lost superlatives on how fucking dreadful this lump is. For a striker he is slower than Stephen Hawking when it comes to running. We are on a break and this useless **** is doing a Yaya Toure esq amble through the fucking centre circle.

No surprise that when Kelechi came on who is a player that will run at defenders and drag them away to open up pockets for other players we went and scored 3 more goals.

Having watched City for 40 years this absolute bag of wank is definitely in the top 3 worst ever buys. It is amusing watching you lot on here still defending him though it has become evident that some of those earlier ones have left the sinking ship realising that they really did get it oh so wrong.

Sell the useless fucker in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.