Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a good player in there, whether he ever truly settles is another question.

He was well off the pace last night but to be fair to him he has now scored 6 from 11 starts this season.
It's a lot harder to settle when thousands of people groan and moan at every mistake, which has inevitably made him more nervous and self conscious and probably trying too hard. I appreciate your post was broadly supportive so not having a go at you

There is a good player in there, whether he ever truly settles is another question.

He was well off the pace last night but to be fair to him he has now scored 6 from 11 starts this season.
It's a lot harder to settle when thousands of people groan and moan at every mistake, which has inevitably made him more nervous and self conscious and probably trying too hard. I appreciate your post was broadly supportive so not having a go at you

He took his goal well last night. Had some more chances but was rash with them. I think the club have to look at this situation come the end of the season. Next season we will need another striker in at the club even if Bony stays come the following January we could well have both Ihaenacho and Bony away for month to 6 weeks. I said it at the begining of the season he will start as second chioce striker and by the end of it Nacho will take over that role. I can see this happening sooner rather than later. The link up play with Nacho in the team is better than with Bony. I think MP is handling Nacho brilliantly hes only a kid we need to give him the right amount of games and game time as next season he will have a bigger part to play.
I be more interested when everyone is fit who misses out on the bench between Bony and Nacho the way things is going Bony hasnt done the job that we hoped with Kun injured and everything it doesnt help that he picked up a injury too. So he needs to do a Dzeko when we won the title last time when Kun was out he scored a load of important goals so I hope Bony can do that too but i find that hard to see him doing.

Seems to score when its easier to miss and vice versa, his goal last night was good skill,the ball was moving rapidly towards him he had to sprint onto it, and he was maybe 16 yards out but controlled it perfectly
needs to start notching from easy chances

I have highlighted 2 areas which are of interest. Do not be mistaken for a great team performance against Sevilla and especially two excellent performances by Sterling and Fernandino that made Bony look good. Don't get me wrong he had a good performance but was not and nowhere near the best player on the pitch and if you cant agree with that then you really are as clueless as your posts show.

As for players with proven quality. That is the point he isn't fucking proven quality he never has been and is far from it. He scored 18 goals in 2014 that is nothing else if that is proven quality then I revert to my earlier statement you really are as clueless as your posts show.

Thanks for highlighting that, brilliant yet again. Your desperation to be right with regards Bony is embarrassing. Bony was the major difference between Seville and Juventus away. Why do you think Navas, Sterling and Fernandinho could engage their defenders so high up the pitch? Before reverting to your steadfast hatred actually think about the games and think about the difference in the two performances.

Bony allowed us to engage them higher all over the field. The out ball was long, allowing players like Navas & Sterling to out pace their counterparts and have them running back towards their own goal. Something all defenders hate.
Against Juve, they sat on the edge of the box, we had no out ball allowing all but their back 3 to push us back.

How is a player with established goal scoring record at all levels not proven? His goals for Swansea were not flat track bully goals, he scored against the likes of us, Arsenal & Chelsea.
So Bony scored goals in Holland, came to the Prem and continued to do so. Scoring all types of goals.

Bony this season has started 10 games, 11 including last night.

Won 8
Drawn 2
Lost 1.

In those 11 games City have scored 26 and conceded 8.
So he personally has 6 goals in 11 starts, including Villa for 15 minutes.
His career goals record is pretty much 1 in 2 appearances.

We've had this arguement before, you think the best way forward is to hope he fails, this way a man claiming to be in his 50's can be proved right on the Internet. That's what counts, how credible you look on a fans forum.

I think the best way forwards is to support the lad, allow him time to reach his potential. Allow him time to at least get fit.

But yes, by all means, if it makes you feel better add nothing constructive, offer nothing positive just call him names, insult him. That's true support.

I'm sure you can tell your mates down the pub/school how right you were on the Internet. As I've said, it's a shame we have fans so desperate for our players to fail.

I still maintain, his record suggests that he has a key role to play. We could see the role he could offer in Seville.

Fans like you, were the same fans desperate to be proved right about Mangala, Fernando and Sagna. Surprisingly you were wrong. Mangala still needs the support of the fans as its obvious he takes time to get his game to the right level.

I'll continue to support City, our players and manager in the hope that they succed, you'll no doubt continue to hope the players you don't like fail. Glad you don't sit near me.

Last edited:
Mangala, Fernando and Sagna. Surprisingly you were wrong. Mangala still needs the support of the fans as

I support all of these players as they actually show some kind of football ability unlike Bonie Idle

Allow him time to at least get fit.
don't sit near me.

How actually long do you think we should give him how about another 4 years then he can leave on a fucking free

I support all of these players as they actually show some kind of football ability unlike Bonie Idle

How actually long do you think we should give him how about another 4 years then he can leave on a fucking free

Fernando and Sagna offered nothing last season. Just look at their threads.

I think he should be given at least 4 starts in a row. Perhaps a months uninterrupted football.

That aside, his record and our record is actually very good.

Your posts just smack of some sad desperation to be proved right. As I say, it's a shame your desperation to be cool or vindicated on the Internet is greater than your love of City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.