Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, it's really encouraging to see the last couple of pages of positive, informed and sensible posts from fellow Blues on Bony, I read so much unknowledgable rubbish on other places this morning I cringed
You are merely complementing posts that you agree with.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, I've been waiting for Bony to make any significant contribution.

I'm still waiting.

Have no idea how he's getting any stick on here. He was very good yesterday and has been all season. Keep in mind we were out Sterling and Silva yesterday, but with them and KDB in the squad Bony will have runners to play off to and Yaya there for a lay back. Did he score, no, but his hold up play yesterday was better than Dzeko's ever was in a City shirt. (And I'm a Dzeko fan.)

Bony's touch is delight, his vision is very good, he clearly understands how our game works, and with a few games he'll start banging them in. Our scouts aren't idiots, this guy was born to play a role in this side.

I think Bony is one of the best around & probably the best in the business at leading the line. He had a great game v Palace (better than Aguero by far when both were on the pitch) & was unlucky not to score with a superb turn & shot & a great header. Strong, skillful, intelligent & a fantastic header of the ball.

Not even really got started in his City career yet & already doing a great job. No idea how anyone can even consider moaning about him.

Spot on.

I think Bony is one of the best around & probably the best in the business at leading the line. He had a great game v Palace (better than Aguero by far when both were on the pitch) & was unlucky not to score with a superb turn & shot & a great header. Strong, skillful, intelligent & a fantastic header of the ball.

Not even really got started in his City career yet & already doing a great job. No idea how anyone can even consider moaning about him.
I often point to Dzeko to show what Bony brings to the team. Sure Dzeko scored goals, but how often would you see him successfully take a good touch, or hold off a defender & hold the ball up to lay it off to someone? Dzeko was a goal scorer but had no touch & no passing ability leading to so many lost balls which in turn lead to counter attacks etc. Not trying to slag Dzeko off, he scored many a big goal for City, just using him as a comparison.

Our midfield can happily just play it into Bony with a big CB on his back, and he happily takes a nice touch, gets the team upfield & keeps possession. It's so nice to watch. Useful in closing matches out too.

People seem to be criticizing him for not scoring, but just take a look at his scoring record, it's obvious the goals will come, add into that his other attributes & he's a fantastic player.

Agree with others that he has been unlucky though, obviously signed at a time when 442 seemed to be how we played, then we have done so well with 4231 he's not had many chances - competing with arguably the best striker in the world. He'll be needed this season though, a lot of matches to play & Aguero likely to get injuries.

@coleridge

I said it was encouraging to read positive posts rather than read the rubbish that's been splattered across social media by uninformed idiots who think, because he's tagged as a striker in the queue behind Kun, he should be scoring 10 goals a game when he finally gets game time. I like him and what he offers on the pitch and when you watch and study his game he offers so much to the team so once he starts scoring his confidence will grow and then he'll find himself back on the bench playing a bit part to Kun, hardly an opportunity to shine so I think he deserves more credit than he gets. Criticism will hardly help but you and those who dislike him are entitled to your views, I'm just happy that not everyone is as quick to condem and sees a bigger picture.

Have no idea how he's getting any stick on here. He was very good yesterday and has been all season. Keep in mind we were out Sterling and Silva yesterday, but with them and KDB in the squad Bony will have runners to play off to and Yaya there for a lay back. Did he score, no, but his hold up play yesterday was better than Dzeko's ever was in a City shirt. (And I'm a Dzeko fan.)

Bony's touch is delight, his vision is very good, he clearly understands how our game works, and with a few games he'll start banging them in. Our scouts aren't idiots, this guy was born to play a role in this side.
He does not score enough. I agree that his hold up place is superior to Dzeko's. However, Bony doesn't look a threat at the moment. An 18 year old won the game in a minute. Bony had 90.

I often point to Dzeko to show what Bony brings to the team. Sure Dzeko scored goals, but how often would you see him successfully take a good touch, or hold off a defender & hold the ball up to lay it off to someone? Dzeko was a goal scorer but had no touch & no passing ability leading to so many lost balls which in turn lead to counter attacks etc. Not trying to slag Dzeko off, he scored many a big goal for City, just using him as a comparison.

Our midfield can happily just play it into Bony with a big CB on his back, and he happily takes a nice touch, gets the team upfield & keeps possession. It's so nice to watch. Useful in closing matches out too.

People seem to be criticizing him for not scoring, but just take a look at his scoring record, it's obvious the goals will come, add into that his other attributes & he's a fantastic player.

Agree with others that he has been unlucky though, obviously signed at a time when 442 seemed to be how we played, then we have done so well with 4231 he's not had many chances - competing with arguably the best striker in the world. He'll be needed this season though, a lot of matches to play & Aguero likely to get injuries.
Spot on.....

@coleridge

I said it was encouraging to read positive posts rather than read the rubbish that's been splattered across social media by uninformed idiots who think, because he's tagged as a striker in the queue behind Kun, he should be scoring 10 goals a game when he finally gets game time. I like him and what he offers on the pitch and when you watch and study his game he offers so much to the team so once he starts scoring his confidence will grow and then he'll find himself back on the bench playing a bit part to Kun, hardly an opportunity to shine so I think he deserves more credit than he gets. Criticism will hardly help but you and those who dislike him are entitled to your views, I'm just happy that not everyone is as quick to condem and sees a bigger picture.
I don't dislike him. I don't dislike any City players and it's been that way for 5 decades for me. However, his contributions have been a disappointment, in my view. If he chips in with 10-20 goals and a few assists over the whole season, then he will deserve to be in our very ambitious squad. If not, then he may not be around much longer. It's not complicated, my friend.

I like Bony. He has a good first touch, a good understanding of the game, and as he showed from his time at Swansea, an eye for goal. What does concern me ever-so-slightly is his work rate. There were times yesterday when Palace were able to calmly carry the ball from centre half through to the midfield without so much of a hint of a challenge from Bony. Aguero has a tendency to do this as well to an extent, but, to be honest, you let him off because he's a genuine star, one of the best in the world in his position.

Bony may be good, but he's not that. As such, when he does get a chance, I expect him to be haring after defenders and making it difficult. He didn't do that yesterday, and he hasn't really consistently done it since he joined. As I said, I like him, but that's the one aspect to his game so far that's disappointed me.

Because some City supporters just seem to love to moan. Bony does a job for us that no one else has done effectively for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.