Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dislike him. I don't dislike any City players and it's been that way for 5 decades for me. However, his contributions have been a disappointment, in my view. If he chips in with 10-20 goals and a few assists over the whole season, then he will deserve to be in our very ambitious squad. If not, then he may not be around much longer. It's not complicated, my friend.

He has barely started any games for City when fit & will definitely score the numbers of goals you are talking about if he plays regularly. I imagine he would be gutted not to get something like 20 goals if he started regularly in this team.

Problem is i think we have seen at the end of last season and at the stsrt of this one , that we play better as a team with only one striker and when fit that striker will most of the time be kun

Problem is i think we have seen at the end of last season and at the stsrt of this one , that we play better as a team with only one striker and when fit that striker will most of the time be kun
If we use that as a rule, I think we will end up losing him for half a season. Even if he stays relatively fit we need to force him to rest imo or something will go. It's not just down to him, it's the treatment he gets. We should look after him & all the top players imo.

That last sentence just sums your attitude and knowledge up
Thanks for the insight. Unless I've misunderstood your forensic masterclass, you take issue with my lat sentence and which was 'Bony had 90' [and so implicitly didn't score].

Good job you put me straight.

Wilfred would currently start for Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and the Rags.

He is vastly underrated on here. He was excellent away at West Brom, won nearly everything in the air. He allows us to play higher up the field and allows us to go from defence to attack much quicker than in previous years. Not hoofball like the Dog and Duck & Red Lion served up last night. Smart direct football. Bony holds the ball up exceptionally, is a physical presence and very intelligent.

He is learning our way, doesn't moan, offers a great deal to the team and is very effective in the last 20 minutes if we need to kill a game off. See Chelsea for this.

He will add goals, and when he does we have the complete forward for a 'plan B'..

Very underrated indeed. But sure lets right him off because he's a had a slightly stuttering start due to injury, internationals and learning a very unique way of playing.

I think he just needs a run of starts. Hes not gonna hit his stride scoring if he starts once a month. That's the feel I get lookin' at him. It's gonna be tough for him because the two strikers doesn't seem to be working. He'll start the Juve game, surely. And depending how careful they'll be with bringing Kun back in to the side (God, I hope they won't rush it, if there are any doubts)...this might be his shot for that consistent run. Regardless of whether or not he finds he's shooting boots I think people are selling short his hold up play.

More importantly the quality. Sure, many can hold up play. Wait for team-mates to join you and just pass it off to someone without much purpose. What I like about Bony is that he is willing to do it where the going gets tough. Right in front of strong CB's and he has enough to beat them and set up a long shot. (KdB, Fernandinho).

Only a matter of time before he starts banging them in i reckon, his all round play is excellent.

He was amazing again on Saturday, probably the best man on the pitch. He has a casual way about him which some mistake for laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.