Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was fucking dreadful on Saturday and if Aguero hadn't got injured he would have been dragged off after 60mins. He wasn't running the channels and at one point decided to stand on the side line whilst we were attacking when he should have been in the box. He missed I will be kind to him and say half chance that he should have buried but decided to kick it wide. Thankfully he got hooked for Kelechi because there was no way he would have made that run that Kelechi did to get the goal.

I thought he did well against West Brom first game and have to be fair thought he was going to be the player some on here believe he is. But Saturday he was just plain fucking lazy and the jury is well and truly out on him. At the moment he stands alongside the quality of Samaras, Bianchi and Ged Brannan.

Not really sure how much time everybody thinks we really should be giving him. He needs to up is work rate and stop being a lazy ****.

He was fucking dreadful on Saturday and if Aguero hadn't got injured he would have been dragged off after 60mins. He wasn't running the channels and at one point decided to stand on the side line whilst we were attacking when he should have been in the box. He missed I will be kind to him and say half chance that he should have buried but decided to kick it wide. Thankfully he got hooked for Kelechi because there was no way he would have made that run that Kelechi did to get the goal.

I thought he did well against West Brom first game and have to be fair thought he was going to be the player some on here believe he is. But Saturday he was just plain fucking lazy and the jury is well and truly out on him. At the moment he stands alongside the quality of Samaras, Bianchi and Ged Brannan.

Not really sure how much time everybody thinks we really should be giving him. He needs to up is work rate and stop being a lazy ****.

100% agree he looks cumbersome and then simply gave up in the end. A utter waste of money.

Clearly he's not been pulling up any trees since he arrived but I think some people are being way too harsh, way too early. He's been injured and not trained properly for a while so possibly the reason if he was struggling physically to keep up towards the end of the game.

i like him, completely contrasts with aguero and offers us something very different. I have no doubt once he starts scoring he will cut down on the back to goal simple set ups and score plenty.

Seems like he's had a lot of false starts with us and not managed to find his rhythm. Various injuries, the AFCON and other issues haven't enabled him to get fully fit and playing consecutive games.

He'll be really useful once he gets going and builds his confidence.

Kelechi has turned the pressure up on him so I'm sure he'll be well aware his place is under threat if he doesn't step up. Which is great from our POV as we have quality options throughout.

We just need to give him some time, and a few starts. It does not help his confidence that he's introduced towards the end when games are already closed. If he scores vs Juve, everything will change.
And anyway, there are more ways to contribute rather than just scoring goals - e.g. that assist to Yaya.

Difficult situation for Bony. We look better with one striker and when fit, Aguero is always going to be picked ahead of him. And since his arrival from Swansea, Aguero hasn't really gotten injured so he has to try to impose himself from the 70th minute in games.

He's also just back from injury and had next to no preseason so it's completely unfair to judge him by his performance vs palace. Aguero is always shocking for a couple of games after he returns from injury too.

Depending on how long Aguero is out for I'm confident he will show how good he is and he is the dream striker for Be Bruyne to link up with.

I think he just needs one game where he gets a couple of goals and he'll be away. He's doing everything right except the final shot, which he seems to be forcing a bit.

He'll get a couple, his confidence will return and we'll see him become the best back up striker in the league by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.