Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

mosssideblue said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Blue Mooner said:
It's frightening how many City fans have completely lost the plot. One of the best players in world football and City fans are clamouring for him to go....wtf The guy was THE best midfielder in premier league football only last season. He hasn't quite hit the same heights this season but he was always going to struggle to match that. Our dip in form this season coincided with Yaya's departure to ACON prior to a blistering run of form prior to him leaving for ACON.

How much would it cost to replace Yaya, I dread to think, and that at a time when we no longer have the funds to outbid rivals for the top players. I would far rather add to our options WITH Yaya, than replace him.

Yaya is 31 and yet this week all I have been hearing is how important Micahel Carrick is to the rags at 33 (nearly34) ! ycnmiu one player over the hill and past it, another key to the rags recent revival, albeit one is two years younger.

Clearly at some point the time will come when we have to replace Yaya and I struggle to see how you will ever replace someone with that power, pace, skill and goalscoring ability as well as the knack of scoring 'heavy' goals.

Yaya has never been a box to box midfielder who tracks back but then we have had a dm in de jong, Garcia and now Fenando doing that job. If every midfielder did a tracking back job then Juan Mata, Oscar, Silva, Coutinho, Erikssen would never play and all we'd have are teams full of Barton's and Cattermoles.

What we need to do is look at the right blend and team structure as well as picking teams for the occasion and Yaya toure would still be in my team pretty much every single game.
Spot on,defies fuckin belief he's in everyones to sell list.Fuckin clueless !

Sorry guys, you are just looking back at what Yaya used to do for us. He is no longer capable of doing what he did 3 or 4 years ago. Truth is he was a world class player, he no longer is.
Who else do you think this about in our team,or just Yaya ?
Just asking as when he went away we were pathetic .

Blue Mooner said:
It's frightening how many City fans have completely lost the plot. One of the best players in world football and City fans are clamouring for him to go....wtf The guy was THE best midfielder in premier league football only last season. He hasn't quite hit the same heights this season but he was always going to struggle to match that. Our dip in form this season coincided with Yaya's departure to ACON prior to a blistering run of form prior to him leaving for ACON.

How much would it cost to replace Yaya, I dread to think, and that at a time when we no longer have the funds to outbid rivals for the top players. I would far rather add to our options WITH Yaya, than replace him.

Yaya is 31 and yet this week all I have been hearing is how important Micahel Carrick is to the rags at 33 (nearly34) ! ycnmiu one player over the hill and past it, another key to the rags recent revival, albeit one is two years younger.

Clearly at some point the time will come when we have to replace Yaya and I struggle to see how you will ever replace someone with that power, pace, skill and goalscoring ability as well as the knack of scoring 'heavy' goals.

Yaya has never been a box to box midfielder who tracks back but then we have had a dm in de jong, Garcia and now Fenando doing that job. If every midfielder did a tracking back job then Juan Mata, Oscar, Silva, Coutinho, Erikssen would never play and all we'd have are teams full of Barton's and Cattermoles.

What we need to do is look at the right blend and team structure as well as picking teams for the occasion and Yaya toure would still be in my team pretty much every single game.
Agree entirely with this. much better to keep Ya Ya and gradually alter our style of play over 2 or years. He can still do an amazing job for the team. If he wants to stay and his heart is genuinely in it then keep him.

col1n said:
Blue Mooner said:

Agree entirely with this. much better to keep Ya Ya and gradually alter our style of play over 2 or years. He can still do an amazing job for the team. If he wants to stay and his heart is genuinely in it then keep him.
Some common sense in these posts.
What really confused me was the reluctance to start Frank Lampard in the games when Yaya was away. Maybe he hasn't got the legs for a full game but he could have had an influence for an hour or so.
As for finding a replacement for Yaya, that is a massive challenge; which if there isn't a suitable candidate then we need to change our philosophy in how we go about playing football.

Bluekiwi said:
As for finding a replacement for Yaya, that is a massive challenge; which if there isn't a suitable candidate then we need to change our philosophy in how we go about playing football.

I'm thinking that is exactly what we will be doing......our football has become very predictable and often lethargic......removing Yaya from that equation gives us the opportunity and flexibility to alter our current set up in a more positive,dynamic and team oriented,way imo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for a nominal fee in order to achieve that purpose,release his huge wages,and allow us to bring in hungrier alternatives that fit the bill and make us an ever stronger collective.

mosssideblue said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Blue Mooner said:

Sorry guys, you are just looking back at what Yaya used to do for us. He is no longer capable of doing what he did 3 or 4 years ago. Truth is he was a world class player, he no longer is.

Rubbish. Less than 12 months ago he scored 2 goals rampaging from his own half in the title run in.

Georgian Maestro said:
mosssideblue said:
Thenumber1blue said:

Rubbish. Less than 12 months ago he scored 2 goals rampaging from his own half in the title run in.

You need to read that again and digest it before calling rubbish.

I'm not going to enter a pissing contest with anyone on here who still things Yaya is the muts nuts, thats your call.

You are obviously still content to hold a player in high esteem who clearly no longer gives a fuck about his performances and the knock on effect it has on the team.

If these lack lustre performances and piss poor attitude were being displayed by anyone else, I'm sure you would be all over them, but because it's Yaya, you clearly sweep that under the carpet.

If City are to move fwd next season, IMO we don't need Yaya holding us back.

It took YaYa two months to get used to the speed of the Prem after the world cup. Similarly in his previous stint at the AFCON it took YaYa a month to get used to the Prem (our worst results were AFTER his return). With such poor form, we can no longer afford to have YaYa in an attacking role unless we change formation. He can't do both roles in the current 4-4-2 without our defence being exposed behind him. As such, I would argue that he is no longer good enough in a defensive role - which leaves being an AM or a forward. So its either a role as the support striker or we change formation

Of course he can go anywhere he wants as a 32 year old this summer - as by then he will be in the 3rd year of his current current contract so he can now buy himself out. Assuming a wage if £193k a week I've seen others state, that that would be £10m a year or £20m to buy out the remainder of his contract.
Italian clubs will of course plead poverty and want him on loan with an option to buy. City must tell anyone pulling that trick to fuck off. We need at least a £4m fee in addition the £20m contract pay off (a grand total of £24m). A loan can only be an option if the purchase is mandatory next summer - and that must include the possibility of a major injury.

Georgian Maestro said:
mosssideblue said:
Thenumber1blue said:

Only two!?

*Stops causing mischief and logs off*

Yaya has done wonders for this club but unfortunately I think it's time for him to go, we're a club that wants to go far in the champions league, and to do that we cant have any passengers. People were saying how much we missed Yaya in the 1st leg vs Barca, but then in the second leg he lost Rakitic in the 30th minute for him to go on and score, that either shows bad attitude, bad fitness or no desire, all of these things you can't have in a player to go far. The games he wasn't playing in the champs league, we won 2 of them, the game against Bayern I'll admit was sort of down to one man but I thought we looked a lot less open in the midfield, even if we didn't have very much possession, but in the second it was described as a 'proper european performance' where we were very compact and still able to make chances. People say that we won't be able to replace Yaya, but if you look at the stats this season he's got 9 goals and 1 assist, bearing in mind 3 of those goals were dead ball situations (2 pens, 1 fk), is that not replaceable? If we bring in a young energetic player that can score goals like Pogba (9 goals) or someone who can get a lot of assists like Koke (15 assists) then is that not an upgrade on Yaya with the added value of them being young and their work rates? I would say yes, as easy as it is to look to the past and see the amazing goals he's scored or the driving runs he made, he's 32 next month, we haven't seen the runs this season so what makes you think we'll see them next season, he's a player in decline, who doesn't seem to want to put 100% in every game, and it is for those reasons I think we should cash in this summer, but the most important thing is replacing him, I think we've got a taste both when he's here and when he's not here as for me as he's looked a different player this season compared with last season, the biggest problem is dealing with packed defenses as the game against Hull shown when we needed a fk to break them down, but the games against Stoke and Chelsea where they attacked us our midfield looked quite capable. I would just like to be clear though that if we stayed I would not be disappointed one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.