Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Happy he's happy at our club..

Recently we've been playing

-----Milner-----Aguero------Silva
-----------Lampard---Yaya
--------------Fernandinho

and we've looked more solid but also scored 3 per game. With Fernandinho behind, Lampard and Yaya have been allowed to press 10 yards higher up the pitch as a pair and been given the freedom to alternate runs into the box.

Yaya is the best player in the PL at retaining possession and cycling the ball in midfield. Pogba is not that player yet but replace Lampard with Pogba and Milner with Sterling and we'd look seriously competive.

I wasn't exactly warm on the idea of signing Sterling with Yaya leaving because even with Pogba our ball retention in midfield would not be good enough and Silva's influence would drop as a result - and thus Aguero's.

I just hope that Yaya staying isn't an indication that we've admitted defeat in the chase for Pogba. The two of them together with a bit of leeway in getting forward whilst not being left too light at the back would be amazing

Agree, although I would imagine that De Bruyne is the plan b if he doesn't come off. He looks a similar player to lampard for me, doesn't really dictate play but can play a killer pass and has a good dig on him. He's not in the same class at arriving late in the box but neither was lampard at his age.

The backup front three could potentially be navas , firimino (lopes?) and bony , which isn't bad

Midfield three backup would be Fernando , Byrne (?) , pozo (?) , which looks a bit light. I would go balls out for ward prose here...

Yaya has one assist all season in all competitions despite supposedly being such an integral part of our attacking style.

That's simply not good enough to justify "accommodating" him, his lack of work rate, effort or enthusiasm defensively. He's finished physically and mentally he's all about Yaya, not about the team.

The team should always come first, even Messi can't win the Champions League on his own.

Yaya has one assist all season in all competitions despite supposedly being such an integral part of our attacking style.

That's simply not good enough to justify "accommodating" him, his lack of work rate, effort or enthusiasm defensively. He's finished physically and mentally he's all about Yaya, not about the team.

The team should always come first, even Messi can't win the Champions League on his own.

I bet Messi is going to take down Juve single handedly, just the way he manhandled Munich.

I don't mind Yaya staying, aslong as we keep playing 4-3-3.

If we play Yaya next season in a 4-4-2.....

"grim up north, post: 8594657, member: 8155"]Summer rest No WC No ACON 35 games instead of 55 Yaya will be fine
Agree with this.
Pelle has to manage his games correctly and Yaya can still be a great asset for us for a couple of years.

I'm content to keep Yaya for the duration of his contract as I've said. He's had a shite summer and then ACON which would have reduced his motivation this season. I think he has a couple of good years in him but we have to start using him as a SUB in certain games. He still has 12 goals regardless this season which is excellent for a central midfielder. His wages have always been the downside though. While he was brilliant 220k/wk makes it difficult to bench him for long amounts of time.

Using him as an impact player or as a sub does all make sense from a City perspective. Doubt Yaya would buy into that though.

At the moment nearly all of our passing goes through Yaya. If he isnt playing or is subbed it disrupts the team. Even when he isn't playing particularly well. If we do not play him on a regular basis then we need to bring in a player to take over that role. If we have that player, where would Yaya fit?

It seems to me that its all or nothing with Yaya. He's either central to the team, a player we build the team round. Or we should let him go.

How convenient that he now seems to want to stay and puts in a decent shift for his last few games.

Let's not forget how uninterested he has been for 99% of this season. Get rid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.