Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment nearly all of our passing goes through Yaya. If he isnt playing or is subbed it disrupts the team. Even when he isn't playing particularly well. If we do not play him on a regular basis then we need to bring in a player to take over that role. If we have that player, where would Yaya fit?

It seems to me that its all or nothing with Yaya. He's either central to the team, a player we build the team round. Or we should let him go.

He's played for smaller durations in our game vs Swansea and vs Southhampton but had a noticeable impact in both of those games.

I think the regular midfield pairing could be Pogba + Fernandinho, with Yaya being able to fill in for either OR replacing one of the attacking midfielders. The latter being something that needs to be tried before next season starts.

He's played for smaller durations in our game vs Swansea and vs Southhampton but had a noticeable impact in both of those games.

I think the regular midfield pairing could be Pogba + Fernandinho, with Yaya being able to fill in for either OR replacing one of the attacking midfielders. The latter being something that needs to be tried before next season starts.
Do you honestly believe Yaya would be content playing as an impact sub for the whole season? As for replacing an attacking Mid, then who?
2 gen questions

Summer rest No WC No ACON 35 games instead of 55 Yaya will be fine
i think everyone accepts he's a wonderful player and will benefit from the rest. the thing that is a worry is just how much he wants away. if his head is here then great keep him, he's a great asset. if not then we simply must get rid, a shame, a real shame, but he has to want to play for us. if we want to achieve anything we dare not carry passengers.

Do you honestly believe Yaya would be content playing as an impact sub for the whole season? As for replacing an attacking Mid, then who?
2 gen questions

I don't know if he would but it might be something he has to accept as he's bound by a contract. I remember he did complain after he was benched for the entire Burnley game back in December (MP said it was an injury, Yaya denied it later).

But it looks like the club might be taking a tougher stand now, and MP recently hasn't been afraid to bench him. Plus we play in several competitions and no reason why he couldn't be a regular for cup games. He's still better than most players who play his position.

For replacing AM, I think he'd be better pushed out to the left or right rather than replacing Silva in the CAM role. It's something that needs to be tried pre-season first as there's no proof if that would work but it's an idea that's been floated a lot on here.

Last edited:
according to reports this morning in the Daily Mail, Roberto Mancini is going to make a personal telephone call to Yaya to clarify the situation as he was surprised and disappointed when he heard of the news from the agent that the player is staying put.

I think we have seen glimpses of how Yaya will be managed during games, and I think that Pellegrini has probably told him that he will play more as an impact player. I think there are a lot of advantages to Yaya remaining with us, including extending his longevity as an impact player, and his ability to mentor Pogba (if he is coming our way). As others have said it would take some of the pressure off Pogba if Yaya is there to rely upon as a mentor.

I know that Mossideblue and some others will not like Yaya staying with us, but in the last few games I think we have all seen him trying hard and making a big difference. I think he understands that he will be more of a support player, and that it will be hugely beneficial to us as a team.

I would say this about any player. We are aspiring to be the best in Europe, we should not have to be covering up or accommodating someones weaknesses dont you think?

This is the most ridiculous comment I've seen for sometime, every player in every team has a weakness! (Do you expect Messi to tackle and chase back like Fernandinho? Answer = No!), good managers will utilize all of their players to play to their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses wherever possible.

There isn't a football team now, in the past or in the future that could ever live up to your expectation of being perfect in every way possible, which is what you're implying in your continous sniping against one of our greatest ever players.

Only an idiot (Pellegrini) plays one of his best players (Yaya) in a system which maximizes his weaknesses (chasing, tracking and tackling back) and minimizes his strengths (passing, creativity and ball retention through sheer physical presence).

This outdated 4-4-2 formation would never be used by any decent manager with a brain, with Yaya and the squad of players we have at our disposal.

This is the most ridiculous comment I've seen for sometime, every player in every team has a weakness! (Do you expect Messi to tackle and chase back like Fernandinho? Answer = No!), good managers will utilize all of their players to play to their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses wherever possible.

There isn't a football team now, in the past or in the future that could ever live up to your expectation of being perfect in every way possible, which is what you're implying in your continous sniping against one of our greatest ever players.

Only an idiot (Pellegrini) plays one of his best players (Yaya) in a system which maximizes his weaknesses (chasing, tracking and tackling back) and minimizes his strengths (passing, creativity and ball retention through sheer physical presence).

This outdated 4-4-2 formation would never be used by any decent manager with a brain, with Yaya and the squad of players we have at our disposal.

So by your reckoning its ok to continue a player who has shown many times this year that he couldn't give a shit about City? If you have been swung by Yayas last couple of apperaances and can forget the rest of the season, than fine.

I seem to remember we did ok with 442 when we last won the league and I also remember Yaya being an integral part of that set up.

He is on the down which, due to his age, is understandable.
He has been carried for most of this season, but you carry on in your Yaya is still the muts nuts land. He hasn't replicated being the muts nuts for some time.

Yes, I am firmly on the sell him side of things because
a) he has no loyalty to us
b) he is now getting too old

I'm not onboard with the we can use him minimally next season as I don't believe his ego would let him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.