Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's significant that Toure has retweeted someone saying that he is staying. I think this is huge news if it's true and all things have been sorted behind the scenes so there'll be no more shenanigans. Apologies if it's already been posted. I'm very happy. I think it's more likely we'll get someone like Pogba if they know they're coming to play alongside Yaya.

I think it's significant that Toure has retweeted someone saying that he is staying. I think this is huge news if it's true and all things have been sorted behind the scenes so there'll be no more shenanigans. Apologies if it's already been posted. I'm very happy. I think it's more likely we'll get someone like Pogba if they know they're coming to play alongside Yaya.

Pogba would be the dream, but It's just the Barcelona rumours, I'm hoping Yaya picks up next year, he'll have had a summer off, and should be much better physically.

Can't make my mind up if I'm happy about it or not. He and his agent was a pair of twats last summer and yaya has been nowhere near as good as he was last season, but then again neither have a few of the others so that's not exactly a stick to beat him with. He looked something like the yaya of last season on Sunday and if used the right way he'll be a beast again. More performances like Sunday's and we'll all have forgotten last summer I'm sure.

If Yaya can get his energy and motivation back there are few better midfielders in world football. I will be delighted with a fully committed Yaya working to win us trophies again. So many of our big wins have been down to his special talent.

So by your reckoning its ok to continue a player who has shown many times this year that he couldn't give a shit about City? If you have been swung by Yayas last couple of apperaances and can forget the rest of the season, than fine.

I seem to remember we did ok with 442 when we last won the league and I also remember Yaya being an integral part of that set up.

He is on the down which, due to his age, is understandable.
He has been carried for most of this season, but you carry on in your Yaya is still the muts nuts land. He hasn't replicated being the muts nuts for some time.

Yes, I am firmly on the sell him side of things because
a) he has no loyalty to us
b) he is now getting too old

I'm not onboard with the we can use him minimally next season as I don't believe his ego would let him.

Just been away from the computer, hence not replying sooner.

I don't think it's a case of using Yaya minimally or thinking he doesn't give a shit etc

Yaya may well have played much better during 13/14, but even then, I do not remember him chasing or tackling back with great energy during that season, it was mainly because a lot of our key players, such as David Silva, Sergio and Nasri were also having good seasons, that we were able to paper over the defensive cracks in Yaya's game (usually by outscoring our opponents and being better at retaining possession in key midfield areas).

This season Yaya and a few others have simply not performed as well, this is what the manager should have realized sooner in the season and changed the tactics to better suit the players, 4-4-2 does not work with our crop of players, if they're not playing to their highest level.

As far as I'm concerned this season has gone poorly because of our stubborn manager, rather than because of one single player.

Just been away from the computer, hence not replying sooner.

I don't think it's a case of using Yaya minimally or thinking he doesn't give a shit etc

Yaya may well have played much better during 13/14, but even then, I do not remember him chasing or tackling back with great energy during that season, it was mainly because a lot of our key players, such as David Silva, Sergio and Nasri were also having good seasons, that we were able to paper over the defensive cracks in Yaya's game (usually by outscoring our opponents and being better at retaining possession in key midfield areas).

This season Yaya and a few others have simply not performed as well, this is what the manager should have realized sooner in the season and changed the tactics to better suit the players, 4-4-2 does not work with our crop of players, if they're not playing to their highest level.

As far as I'm concerned this season has gone poorly because of our stubborn manager, rather than because of one single player.

I'd agree with your point for the 13-14 season in that we were scoring for fun and could get away with conceding as we did, so there was not the need for Yaya to track back as much.
I think playing Yaya when his head was not with City was Peller's biggest fault, reasons why he did, we will probably never know.
Our poor season this year I attribute some blame to Pellers, but most down to key players not being up to scratch and I include: Yaya, Samir, Vinnie & Edin. With those four not playing well, the manager was on a hiding to nothing.

which is what you're implying in your continous sniping against one of our greatest ever players.

Only an idiot (Pellegrini)

This outdated 4-4-2 formation would never be used by any decent manager with a brain,

It kind of makes you look a bit like one of the Bosnian Fanboys we used to get a lot of when you make a statement like the first and follow it up immediately with the next 2 IMO. Irrespective of mistakes made, he did win us a double last year, took us out of the groups both years in the CL, finished second this year and is looking highly likely (I think nailed on) to be our manager next season when we go get our title back. Your probably in for a disappointing season next year under our "Brainless Idiot"

How can you press as a team and compete with only 10 men in every game?

There was one moment against Southampton when Lampard slid into a tackle, the ball rolled loose, with Yaya about 4/5 yards away and he stood still waiting for Lampard to get back up and chase for it. Southampton broke away and had a shot which got them a corner.

But fuck it, Yaya has assisted one single goal so he's obviously worth £250,000 a week. Great minds....

How can you press as a team and compete with only 10 men in every game?

There was one moment against Southampton when Lampard slid into a tackle, the ball rolled loose, with Yaya about 4/5 yards away and he stood still waiting for Lampard to get back up and chase for it. Southampton broke away and had a shot which got them a corner.

But fuck it, Yaya has assisted one single goal so he's obviously worth £250,000 a week. Great minds....

Zabs, Milner and Demi were all out of position, but yeah Yaya has scored more goals them all combined this season, erm sorry your point is?

When was the last time her made a break like that? Consistency means your colleagues know what you are doing to do and thus offer support. Guessing what a colleague is going to do leads to not concentrating on other things which risks mistakes.

Being 20 yards away when a player has a history of making these breaks, breaks that usually involve running 40-50 metres sparks of being lazy, the same accusation labelled at Yaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.