Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Johnsonontheleft said:
When is the last time you saw Yaya go on one of those bursting runs?

Sadly age is catching up with him.

Having watched his every performance in the ACON I am inclined to agree that it is age catching up with Yaya rather than lack of motivation. However, I think the absence of "bursting runs" is more to do with other teams parking the bus leaving no space for him to break into. It works very well too which is why they do it. Sadly, for us as spectators and fans it rather spoils the game.

Stephenhakin said:
fatbloke said:
Blue Mooner said:
I always feel better seeing Yaya Toure's name on the team sheet than not. Yet again he conjures up a goal that gave us a sniff of getting a result.

Against the likes of Palace we don't need a defensive midfielder, they created nothing all game. In a team where we are limited in natural goalscorers fans want one of them (Yaya) taken out of the team - and for James Milner of all people !! Now don't get me wrong I love Milner he can do a job for us in certain games but he's not even close to the same class as Yaya. Micheal Carrick & Fabian Delph get in the England team ahead of Milner so if that's who we're looking to rely on to bring back the glory then we really are in trouble.

If anything it demonstrates the small time mentality of some of our fans who seem to mistake any player that runs around George Boyd style for 90 minutes as being a class player.

A great player simply does not go bad overnight, if Yaya is lacking anything at the moment it can be summed up in one word..CONFIDENCE.

It's sad that our own fans seem to be delighting in destroying it along with many other players.

As I have said in previous posts - Hard work beats talent when talent isn't prepared to work hard!!!

Now which one of the Stoke (H), West Ham (A), Newcastle (Capital One), CSKA (H), Burnley (H), Middlesbrough (FA Cup), Liverpool (A), Burnley (A) or Crystal Palace (A) games would you like to debate that point on? None of those sides are even close to us in terms of talent but they're all prepared to work much harder than we are at times and Yaya although admittedly didn't play in all those games is the epitome of everything that is wrong with our approach and attitude to games.

Milner isn't as talented but he's a battler and when things are tough I'd much rather have him fighting next to me than an overweight, lazy, 6'4" traffic cone who is scared of getting hit by a fucking football. The bloke hasn't got the heart for a battle, how many times do you need to see it before you realise he's the one costing this team on a regular basis.

And before you start on the fans - are these the same fans who have chanted his name for the previous 3/4 years?

This all day long.

It's all about opinions and I don't see any of the things you describe in Yaya. I don't know how it has escaped your attention for 4 years but Yaya has never been a Milner type player, never has been, never will be.

I don't see a player lacking effort I've lost count over the last 4 years how I've thought Yaya looks f@cked only for him to go on a lung busting run and pop one in the onion bag from 35 yards.

I agree with your point about talent over effort but to think that Yaya Toure has got to play for one of the best teams in Europe in Barca by being lazy or lacking effort is beyond stupid quite frankly.

It frightens me when people make a case for Milner over Yaya on the basis of effort I can find you a George Boyd if that's the main criteria on which you measure a player.

There's a reason why Milner has not been a regular under successive managers (and don't get me wrong he has a place in this club and I recognise the qualities he has) and that's because quite simply he doesn't have the quality of a Yaya Toure or David Silva.

I find it hypocritical the stick Yaya gets for daring to ask for an improved contract and yet no one is affronted that Milner has refused to sign a new contract despite being given far more game time this year. Frankly it strikes me as xenophobia and double standards.

Blue Mooner said:
Stephenhakin said:
fatbloke said:
As I have said in previous posts - Hard work beats talent when talent isn't prepared to work hard!!!

Now which one of the Stoke (H), West Ham (A), Newcastle (Capital One), CSKA (H), Burnley (H), Middlesbrough (FA Cup), Liverpool (A), Burnley (A) or Crystal Palace (A) games would you like to debate that point on? None of those sides are even close to us in terms of talent but they're all prepared to work much harder than we are at times and Yaya although admittedly didn't play in all those games is the epitome of everything that is wrong with our approach and attitude to games.

Milner isn't as talented but he's a battler and when things are tough I'd much rather have him fighting next to me than an overweight, lazy, 6'4" traffic cone who is scared of getting hit by a fucking football. The bloke hasn't got the heart for a battle, how many times do you need to see it before you realise he's the one costing this team on a regular basis.

And before you start on the fans - are these the same fans who have chanted his name for the previous 3/4 years?

This all day long.

It's all about opinions and I don't see any of the things you describe in Yaya. I don't know how it has escaped your attention for 4 years but Yaya has never been a Milner type player, never has been, never will be.

I don't see a player lacking effort I've lost count over the last 4 years how I've thought Yaya looks f@cked only for him to go on a lung busting run and pop one in the onion bag from 35 yards.

I agree with your point about talent over effort but to think that Yaya Toure has got to play for one of the best teams in Europe in Barca by being lazy or lacking effort is beyond stupid quite frankly.

It frightens me when people make a case for Milner over Yaya on the basis of effort I can find you a George Boyd if that's the main criteria on which you measure a player.

There's a reason why Milner has not been a regular under successive managers (and don't get me wrong he has a place in this club and I recognise the qualities he has) and that's because quite simply he doesn't have the quality of a Yaya Toure or David Silva.

I find it hypocritical the stick Yaya gets for daring to ask for an improved contract and yet no one is affronted that Milner has refused to sign a new contract despite being given far more game time this year. Frankly it strikes me as xenophobia and double standards.

I think you are applying double standards.

Your quoting a Yaya in his 20s playing for Barca and hence could not be lazy or lacking effort as an argument to say he cannot be that now, when clearly the evidence of this season suggests otherwise.

Blue Mooner said:

You haven't bothered reading the Milner thread have you?

Xenophobia? you should be embarrassed.

Said it when the whole birthday cake embarrassment happened, we should have sold him.

Find it completely baffling and sad that people are defending him. It is totally blatant his heart and soul is not in the club anymore. Wake up and smell the coffee FFS. It's great being loyal and backing him for what he HAS done in the past but its over. He needs to go to Italy and enjoy his last couple of years in football and not play for City again because his performances have become an embarrassment to himself and the club.

Are we really discussing the merits of having James Milner in the team over Yaya Toure? Really?

However "poor" Yaya might have been this season he is still light years ahead of any other CM at the club and would walk into any other Premier League side.

It may very well be that Yayas time at the club is coming to an end but I find the abuse he gets for his football quite incredible given what he has given to our club. Take away his off-field antics, with his arse of an agent and in Yaya you have a club legend. A guy who has given his best years to our club and been a driving force behind our resurgence. He may not be at his best this season, a bit like a Kompany but these guys have enough credits in the bank that they deserve better than what they are getting from some fans.

If Yaya and Kompany never have a good game in a City shirt again, it wont stop me telling anyone who will listen in 20 or 30 years time how good they were, you know much like my grandfather told me about Bell, Lee and Summerbee, who clearly never put in a bad performance between them! I guess those guys can be thankful that social media wasn't around 40 years ago!

Stephenhakin said:
Find it completely baffling and sad that people are defending him. It is totally blatant his heart and soul is not in the club anymore. Wake up and smell the coffee FFS. It's great being loyal and backing him for what he HAS done in the past but its over. He needs to go to Italy and enjoy his last couple of years in football and not play for City again because his performances have become an embarrassment to himself and the club.
How did we do when he went to play in the Afcon? That basically started the downfall.

IH8MUFC said:
Stephenhakin said:
How did we do when he went to play in the Afcon? That basically started the downfall.

Is it really about that? How well have we done since he has been back? He is NOT putting in enough effort it is as simple as that. I have loved that guy since he came to us but the time has come and he needs to go before he tarnishes our wonderful memories of him.

Blue Mooner said:
Stephenhakin said:
fatbloke said:

This all day long.

Would you care to explain how fans have gone from loving Yaya and chanting his name to being guilty of Xenophobic tendencies in 6 months? Wow!!

You can say whatever you like about Yaya not being lazy but what else can be attributed to his failure to jog (not even run) back to follow Ratikic in the 30th minute of a last 16 Champions League game? What else can be attributed to his failure to close down Henderson and Coutinho before the hour mark against Liverpool away?

Fitness? If he can't jog or run back after an 30 minutes or an hour he's clearly not putting the effort in to get himself fit.
Lack of awareness? He was looking at all 3 players...
Time to react? He had 6-7 seconds to get back to into a defensive position in each, he didn't...
What else?

It's sheer f*cking laziness, everyone knows it, everyone can see it but you dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.