Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Yaya was brilliant.

Now he is good.

I'd keep him still and push him further up the pitch.

He suffers on here partly because of how good we know he can be. He is still more than capable of running a game and he is still our "go to" man in Midfield.

avoidconfusion said:
Said it when the whole birthday cake embarrassment happened, we should have sold him.

With 20-20 hindsight the answer is we should have.

Big clubs sell big players all the time, no idea why some seem to think that we need to keep hold of every player who was ever good for us, even when it's increasingly apparent that their powers are waning. He should have gone in the summer, but I can see why they didn't, given how pivotal he was to us winning the league last year, but he's got to go this summer. We've become over reliant on a man who cannot be relied upon, with fairly obvious results.

I've no doubt that if we do sell him, some will start a thread about how much we miss him every time we lose a game, but such is life.

fatbloke said:
Blue Mooner said:
Stephenhakin said:
This all day long.

It's all about opinions and I don't see any of the things you describe in Yaya. I don't know how it has escaped your attention for 4 years but Yaya has never been a Milner type player, never has been, never will be.

I don't see a player lacking effort I've lost count over the last 4 years how I've thought Yaya looks f@cked only for him to go on a lung busting run and pop one in the onion bag from 35 yards.

I agree with your point about talent over effort but to think that Yaya Toure has got to play for one of the best teams in Europe in Barca by being lazy or lacking effort is beyond stupid quite frankly.

It frightens me when people make a case for Milner over Yaya on the basis of effort I can find you a George Boyd if that's the main criteria on which you measure a player.

There's a reason why Milner has not been a regular under successive managers (and don't get me wrong he has a place in this club and I recognise the qualities he has) and that's because quite simply he doesn't have the quality of a Yaya Toure or David Silva.

I find it hypocritical the stick Yaya gets for daring to ask for an improved contract and yet no one is affronted that Milner has refused to sign a new contract despite being given far more game time this year. Frankly it strikes me as xenophobia and double standards.

Would you care to explain how fans have gone from loving Yaya and chanting his name to being guilty of Xenophobic tendencies in 6 months? Wow!!

You can say whatever you like about Yaya not being lazy but what else can be attributed to his failure to jog (not even run) back to follow Ratikic in the 30th minute of a last 16 Champions League game? What else can be attributed to his failure to close down Henderson and Coutinho before the hour mark against Liverpool away?

Fitness? If he can't jog or run back after an 30 minutes or an hour he's clearly not putting the effort in to get himself fit.
Lack of awareness? He was looking at all 3 players...
Time to react? He had 6-7 seconds to get back to into a defensive position in each, he didn't...
What else?

It's sheer f*cking laziness, everyone knows it, everyone can see it but you dear.

The xenophobia comment was on reflection OTT, apologies.

Sorry he didn't see Ratikich run, big difference. Either way, highlighting one or two incidents where Yaya may be culpable for a goal being conceded does not constitute conclusive proof that Yaya is either permanently on the wane or consistently lacking effort.

You are simply regurgitating rag neville analysis who has deliberately targeted Yaya for criticism. I could go through any end of season DVD and for most goals pretty much pinpoint an error by one or more player. Some very obvious, some less so. If you go looking for something you willwill probably find it. There were many other opportunities to stop the rakitich goal but our beloved pundits chose to single out Yaya.

As someone has already pointed out our dip in form coincided with him leaving for ACON. Unfortunately he alone has not been able to lift a team who's confidence has now dropped.

Of course everyone has a price but for the money being talked about we couldn't even buy a Fernando to replace him. If the t/fer fee was 60m then we would have a different conversation.

Whilst a lot of city fans have wanted him out all season, I've backed him - but up until recently, i'm beginning too wonder if he's really bothered, he just doesn't look up for it...looks to have lost that edge he once had up until not long ago, whether that's due to the system we play or who he plays alongside im not 100%. But if inter actually did offer us say over 26mil with a possible player in the deal as well, then I'd take that and/or go for pogba or de bruyne with the majority of the cash if i'm being honest.

Every player has his price and someone of Yayas age certainly does however talk of him being replaced by someone like Jordan Henderson makes me feel physically sick. If we can get someone in who is World Class then fair enough but otherwise id stick with Yaya and try and improve on the Ferns which in Fernandos case wouldnt be too difficult.

blueinsa said:
BigOscar said:
Big clubs sell big players all the time

Bingo!

House!

For example, FC Barcelona don't appear to be missing Fabregas much.

But oh no if Yaya is sold by City, that's it, it's all over.

dobobobo said:
blueinsa said:
BigOscar said:
Big clubs sell big players all the time

Bingo!

House!

Or Alexi Sanchez, or Zlatan, or Eto'o, or Yaya. The list of players Real have let go is even more mouth watering. They don't care if the player still has good years left, they aren't afraid to let someone big go and get someone who they think is hungrier, younger or just a better fit. We've not really been in a financial position to do that of late, but we need to get into that mindset and stop letting the players get so comfortable.

BigOscar said:
dobobobo said:
blueinsa said:

House!

Or Alexi Sanchez, or Zlatan, or Eto'o, or Yaya. The list of players *Real have let go is even more mouth watering. They don't care if the player still has good years left, they aren't afraid to let someone big go and get someone who they think is hungrier, younger or just a better fit. We've not really been in a financial position to do that of late, but we need to get into that mindset and stop letting the players get so comfortable.

*Barca

But other than that trivial correction, I totally agree with every word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.