Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Blue Mooner said:
In my opinion we have probably 6 crack players in their positions currently Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Fernandinho (just) Zabaleta and Yaya.

It would be simply madness to let one of those go until their legs have gone which is 4/5 years in most cases.

We all know yayas weakness so we need to find a formation and players to supplement the talent we already have not replace it. Add Pogba to the above and we have really strengthened do a straight swap and it's arguable you might improve 10% if at all considering the additional risks that always come with a new signing. Look at Di Maria as a prime example. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Even If the season had ended on Monday, I fail to understand why 4th and a point behind the rags & 2 behind Arsenal would mean wholesale changes were required.

The devil most of us know has become a liability to the team and dragging down others around him. If that is your mantra for a crack player, I'm really grateful you don't have Pellers ear.

If you really think the players you have named can still deliver for another 4 or 5 years, you really have no idea on reality.

mosssideblue said:
Blue Mooner said:
In my opinion we have probably 6 crack players in their positions currently Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Fernandinho (just) Zabaleta and Yaya.

It would be simply madness to let one of those go until their legs have gone which is 4/5 years in most cases.

We all know yayas weakness so we need to find a formation and players to supplement the talent we already have not replace it. Add Pogba to the above and we have really strengthened do a straight swap and it's arguable you might improve 10% if at all considering the additional risks that always come with a new signing. Look at Di Maria as a prime example. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Even If the season had ended on Monday, I fail to understand why 4th and a point behind the rags & 2 behind Arsenal would mean wholesale changes were required.

The devil most of us know has become a liability to the team and dragging down others around him. If that is your mantra for a crack player, I'm really grateful you don't have Pellers ear.

If you really think the players you have named can still deliver for another 4 or 5 years, you really have no idea on reality.

Ditto. I said most, not all but even if you say 3-4 years my point still stands. The reality is that the club are simply not going to let every single player be around for 4-5 years without supplementing with some younger blood, however, I see no reason why some of our player in the late twenties wont have 4-5 years top flight football left in them.

Kompany 29, Silva 29, Zaba 30, Fernandinho 29 Why shouldn't they play in the top flight until 34 ? In the same way Frank Lampard did at Chelsea until 35 and Terry is still doing for Chelsea at 34 coming up to 35 this year andplaying out of his skin (plus getting a new contract) ?

If you take the rags when they won the premier league a first 11 of:

De Gea 23, Rafael 23, Evra 32, Ferdinand 34, Vidic 31, Valencia 27, Van Persie 29, Rooney 27, Carrick 31, Giggs 39, Scholes, 38 that won the league by nine points - that team had an average age of 30.3. That included Evra, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes that were over 34 years of age. I have worked out that what I consider to be our best 11 today that has an average age of 27.3

That's not to say we shouldn't be considering the future but the idea we have no time to evolve the team is ridiculous and that our team is over the hill is frankly ridiculous.

Blue Mooner said:
mosssideblue said:
Blue Mooner said:

Ditto. I said most, not all but even if you say 3-4 years my point still stands. The reality is that the club are simply not going to let every single player be around for 4-5 years without supplementing with some younger blood, however, I see no reason why some of our player in the late twenties wont have 4-5 years top flight football left in them.

Kompany 29, Silva 29, Zaba 30, Fernandinho 29 Why shouldn't they play in the top flight until 34 ? In the same way Frank Lampard did at Chelsea until 35 and Terry is still doing for Chelsea at 34 coming up to 35 this year andplaying out of his skin (plus getting a new contract) ?

De Gea 23, Rafael 23, Evra 32, Ferdinand 34, Vidic 31, Valencia 27, Van Persie 29, Rooney 27, Carrick 31, Giggs 39, Scholes, 38 that won the league by nine points - that team had an average age of 30.3. That included Evra, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes that were over 34 years of age. I have worked out that what I consider to be our best 11 today that has an average age of 27.3

That's not to say we shouldn't be considering the future but the idea we have no time to evolve the team is ridiculous and that our team is over the hill is frankly ridiculous.

[bigimg]http://giant.gfycat.com/RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif[/bigimg]

Did you seriously compare us to the Rags based on one season, just to make a point about age?

dobobobo said:
Blue Mooner said:
mosssideblue said:

Did you seriously compare us to the Rags based on one season, just to make a point about age?

Piss funny :-)

Blue Mooner said:
mosssideblue said:
Blue Mooner said:

You haven't addressed my pushback on Yaya, so should I assume you agree. The remainder of your post suggests you are far from reality.

dobobobo said:
Blue Mooner said:
mosssideblue said:

Not sure why showing a team (albeit the rags) that won the premier league with a team with an average age of 30 (or if you take out two players 9 players that with an average age of 32) is not a valid point when it comes to talking about the importance of the age of a team on performance ? How about?

10/11 Winners,
11/12 Runners up on goal difference &
12/13 Winners again with a team that had a far older age profile then ours - with 6 players over 30

I don't recall any media reports bemoaning the ageing rags team at that time. You and others of your ilk, writing off a 31 year old are exactly why I wrote about the 'dancing to the pundits tune thread' Yaya despite a poorer season than last has still got a goal record of 1 in 3 and yet again he has scored some absolute stunners.

mosssideblue said:
Blue Mooner said:
mosssideblue said:

You haven't addressed my pushback on Yaya, so should I assume you agree. The remainder of your post suggests you are far from reality.

No, I completely disagree with what you said about Yaya but no point debating someone over their 'opinion'

instead, I presented you with facts that dispel the notion that our players are anywhere near 'over the hill' which you have simply chosen to ignore, rather, I think it is you who is 'far from reality'

Just to put a different slant on this the rag players mentioned cut their teeth in the prem and were accustomed to the rigors of our league. The players we brought in were use to a totally different upbringing and in their later years are probably feeling the strain more than those accustomed to the EPL.

Just a thought :-)

slightly off topic but seeing as some City fans seem to think 32 constitutes over the hill,

Just looked at the Barca team of:
Bravo 31, Pique 28, Mascherano 30, Alba 26, Alves 31, Busquets 26, Iniesta 30, Rakatic 27, Neymar 23, Messi 27, Suarez 28 - Average age of 27.9

This team of MCFC
Hart 27, Kompany 29, Mangala 24, Clichy 29, Zaba 30, Ferna 29, Toure 31, Nasri 27, Milner 29, Aguero 26, Bony 26 - Yes you guessed it Average age 27.9

So if we've got a problem with age looks like Barca have too.

Blue Mooner said:
slightly off topic but seeing as some City fans seem to think 32 constitutes over the hill,

Just looked at the Barca team of:
Bravo 31, Pique 28, Mascherano 30, Alba 26, Alves 31, Busquets 26, Iniesta 30, Rakatic 27, Neymar 23, Messi 27, Suarez 28 - Average age of 27.9

This team of MCFC
Hart 27, Kompany 29, Mangala 24, Clichy 29, Zaba 30, Ferna 29, Toure 31, Nasri 27, Milner 29, Aguero 26, Bony 26 - Yes you guessed it Average age 27.9

So if we've got a problem with age looks like Barca have too.

Don't want to pick a fight :-)

But the Spanish league is not as punishing as ours due to weather no season break and the shear rigors of our leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.