Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

blueinsa said:
mosssideblue said:
blueplan said:
Yaya is not only the one (David, Aguero et al) that finds it difficult to score against our opponents who parked their buses. Why?

When our GK who doesn't make the critical saves allows our opponents to score (with the minimal chances or shots on target) and thereby enabled them to entrench their parked buses making it more difficult for our players to penetrate their fortified defense.

To wit @ Selhurst park. 2 goals that can be attributed to mistakes by Hart. That led to situation as per above.
Even then Yaya was able to score. Kudos to Yaya.

Yaya has been faulted for not making his bursting trademark run to score. How can he against an entrenched Defense?

Yaya is not the problem.

Sorry mate but you come out with some bollocks.

Kun will hit the woodwork and yup, you guessed it, Harts fault.

This idiot is a wum.

I'm going for clueless idiot not a wum

fatbloke said:
sky tot said:
fatbloke said:
Yaya Toure makes 0.4 tackles and 0.8 interceptions on average per game in the Champions League.

In comparison
Fernandinho = 3.9 and 2
Fernando = 1.6 and 2.8
Silva = 1.3 and 1.2
Milner = 2.0 and 0.3
Lampard = 1.0 and 1.3
Navas = 0.9 and 0.9
Nasri = 0.8 and 0.5

So essentially Yaya is the least likely of any of our midfielders of winning the ball back, yet some on this forum continue to defend his attitude.
What a shite post . Any stats on passes and assists . Nah don't bother a use my eyes and make my judgement ..

The stats on his goals, assists or passes are irrelevant because there's not one person in the 328 pages on this thread that has ever questioned his ability, if they have they need locking up.

However if you take a balanced view of what people are actually disputing which is his effectiveness and effort off the ball, these stats are relevant.

If David Silva, Frank Lampard and Samir Nasri are contributing more defensively than you, you surely have to recognise you have a problem. People are saying we should accommodate Yaya by playing him in an attacking midfield role but Silva has scored more, assisted more, intercepted more and tackled more so that's not really an option is it? Unless Yaya is willing to get a few splinters in his lazy arse.

Well his stats in the champs league for the previous season when he was widely recognised as the best midfielder in the country read 1.4 & 0.9 David Silva was 0.5 & 0.8

Why the Champions league is the true measure of a players performance only you would know.

Juan Mata in the premier league reads 0.6 & 0.8 I guess they should f*ck him off ? No instead they hang a banner up for him reading the 'juan & only'

Your finding what you want to find, Yaya since he's been at City has not been and is not a defensive, in your face midfielder. What he is, is a powerful, explosive, goal scoring midfielder who can score you goals from nothing in crucial games, he can dictate play and control a game. When we haven't got the ball he's not as effective, but when you're having 70% possession it's not too much of a problem.

Where I possibly would agree is that in the games against the Barca's, Bayern Munichs of the world where you're not going to dominate possession then these are the games where I would look to rest Yaya and maybe only bring him on towards the end of a game if you need a goal.

The reality is statistically he is our 3rd highest scorer, has the highest number of passes per game, the second highest passing accuracy and is the 3rd highest rated player overall behind Silva & Aguero - and that is THIS SEASON.

Why he should be one of our players to go is complete idiocy, frankly, I think most of it is simply people with an axe to grind. It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Based on what we could get for him its simply not worth replacing him. What might change is that we use him less but his experience will be invaluable and what we end up with is a City legend. Instead fans simply want to get rid, basically on a fit of pique, complete madness.

Blue Mooner said:
dobobobo said:
Blue Mooner said:
Ditto. I said most, not all but even if you say 3-4 years my point still stands. The reality is that the club are simply not going to let every single player be around for 4-5 years without supplementing with some younger blood, however, I see no reason why some of our player in the late twenties wont have 4-5 years top flight football left in them.

Kompany 29, Silva 29, Zaba 30, Fernandinho 29 Why shouldn't they play in the top flight until 34 ? In the same way Frank Lampard did at Chelsea until 35 and Terry is still doing for Chelsea at 34 coming up to 35 this year andplaying out of his skin (plus getting a new contract) ?

If you take the rags when they won the premier league a first 11 of:

De Gea 23, Rafael 23, Evra 32, Ferdinand 34, Vidic 31, Valencia 27, Van Persie 29, Rooney 27, Carrick 31, Giggs 39, Scholes, 38 that won the league by nine points - that team had an average age of 30.3. That included Evra, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes that were over 34 years of age. I have worked out that what I consider to be our best 11 today that has an average age of 27.3

That's not to say we shouldn't be considering the future but the idea we have no time to evolve the team is ridiculous and that our team is over the hill is frankly ridiculous.

[bigimg]http://giant.gfycat.com/RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif[/bigimg]

Did you seriously compare us to the Rags based on one season, just to make a point about age?

Not sure why showing a team (albeit the rags) that won the premier league with a team with an average age of 30 (or if you take out two players 9 players that with an average age of 32) is not a valid point when it comes to talking about the importance of the age of a team on performance ? How about?

10/11 Winners,
11/12 Runners up on goal difference &
12/13 Winners again with a team that had a far older age profile then ours - with 6 players over 30

I don't recall any media reports bemoaning the ageing rags team at that time. You and others of your ilk, writing off a 31 year old are exactly why I wrote about the 'dancing to the pundits tune thread' Yaya despite a poorer season than last has still got a goal record of 1 in 3 and yet again he has scored some absolute stunners.

You selected one season and disregarded factors like: Fergiscum being a successfull manager / Fergiscum being at the club for 26 years so he had everything his way / Fergiscum's last season so that was a driving factor for the players to make the most having one last strong chance to win the league / the Rags had no money to bring in youthfull players / the Rags fucking cheat.

As for Yaya, not once have I questioned his age in here, it's his piss poor attitude.

Blue Mooner said:
fatbloke said:
sky tot said:
What a shite post . Any stats on passes and assists . Nah don't bother a use my eyes and make my judgement ..

The stats on his goals, assists or passes are irrelevant because there's not one person in the 328 pages on this thread that has ever questioned his ability, if they have they need locking up.

However if you take a balanced view of what people are actually disputing which is his effectiveness and effort off the ball, these stats are relevant.

If David Silva, Frank Lampard and Samir Nasri are contributing more defensively than you, you surely have to recognise you have a problem. People are saying we should accommodate Yaya by playing him in an attacking midfield role but Silva has scored more, assisted more, intercepted more and tackled more so that's not really an option is it? Unless Yaya is willing to get a few splinters in his lazy arse.

Well his stats in the champs league for the previous season when he was widely recognised as the best midfielder in the country read 1.4 & 0.9 David Silva was 0.5 & 0.8

Why the Champions league is the true measure of a players performance only you would know.

Juan Mata in the premier league reads 0.6 & 0.8 I guess they should f*ck him off ? No instead they hang a banner up for him reading the 'juan & only'

Your finding what you want to find, Yaya since he's been at City has not been and is not a defensive, in your face midfielder. What he is, is a powerful, explosive, goal scoring midfielder who can score you goals from nothing in crucial games, he can dictate play and control a game. When we haven't got the ball he's not as effective, but when you're having 70% possession it's not too much of a problem.

Where I possibly would agree is that in the games against the Barca's, Bayern Munichs of the world where you're not going to dominate possession then these are the games where I would look to rest Yaya and maybe only bring him on towards the end of a game if you need a goal.

The reality is statistically he is our 3rd highest scorer, has the highest number of passes per game, the second highest passing accuracy and is the 3rd highest rated player overall behind Silva & Aguero - and that is THIS SEASON.

Why he should be one of our players to go is complete idiocy, frankly, I think most of it is simply people with an axe to grind. It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Based on what we could get for him its simply not worth replacing him. What might change is that we use him less but his experience will be invaluable and what we end up with is a City legend. Instead fans simply want to get rid, basically on a fit of pique, complete madness.

I rate him on what I see him do rather than what stats might be interpreted as. This season he has regressed to such an extent he is a liability playing for us. If there were a magic wand to bring back the Yaya of yesteryear, then I would support you. But today he is not prioviding anything like a team performance he needs to be for consideration as a first name on the team sheet.

He proved last summer what he thought of City and as I say, he is no longer playing for the team.

We are all grateful for his past contributions, but that's what they are.
He should be sold without hesitation this summer

mosssideblue said:
Blue Mooner said:
fatbloke said:

I rate him on what I see him do rather than what stats might be interpreted as. This season he has regressed to such an extent he is a liability playing for us. If there were a magic wand to bring back the Yaya of yesteryear, then I would support you. But today he is not prioviding anything like a team performance he needs to be for consideration as a first name on the team sheet.

He proved last summer what he thought of City and as I say, he is no longer playing for the team.

We are all grateful for his past contributions, but that's what they are.
He should be sold without hesitation this summer

All of it spot on, but I like the bit in bold.

He will wake up tomorrow and probably be a big influence on the result.

Then he will return to his slumber for the rest of the season.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Yet Milner who this season is telling us what he thinks of city is hailed for running around a lot.
It's always interesting to listen to fans framing of Milner vis a vis the framing of other City players. Milner is the true professional, while others show they don't respect City.

I've generally just substituted the word "professional" for "English". Coz it is often used in reference to Milner, Lampard Joe, Lescott and Barry. Micah not so much. Then if you are foreign you had to be special, like Zab to get it. So generally it means our English players.

I don't take it too seriously.

Ps: Blue Mooner does have the facts and logic on his side, but I'd still sell Yaya and get Pogba. Sometimes you have to replenish.

Blue Mooner said:
fatbloke said:
sky tot said:

So what you're saying is his defensive contribution has halved this season? And you wouldn't play him against the likes of Bayern, Barcelona etc. because you can't trust him if we haven't got possession?

But you want to keep him because he's a City legend................... you're living in the past pal. We need to progress and evolve, not stand still waiting for the inevitable decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.