Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Silva_Spell said:
fatbloke said:
waspish said:
So after a season like last season and a poorer one this season you've give up on him? Well that's loyalty for you..

How ironic you quote "loyalty" as a reason to back Yaya Toure.

I think you need to rewind your memory back to a summer of cakes and accusations to see true loyalty.

And to quote your good self "On the pitch his attitude of the ball as always been poor especially against teams who have a higher % ball retention". That says everything doesn't it? Why would you defend any player you think isn't giving 100%? It's indefensible? Everyone accepts shit games like Aguero had at the weekend against West Brom because he worked his f*cking socks off trying, no one can accept c**ts that don't try.

Everyone on here was accepting him just fine for the last 4 years.

A decent manager not obsessed with 2 strikers would have had us playing

-------Dinho--Nando
--Silva-----Yaya------Nasri

from the start of this season.

Are you suggesting that Yayas attitude and peformances are down to formation, which happened to be
the same formation that he excelled in last year.

He can no longer (or doesnt want to) play at the levels we need him to. His attitude suggests the latter.

Silva_Spell said:
fatbloke said:
waspish said:
So after a season like last season and a poorer one this season you've give up on him? Well that's loyalty for you..

I think you need to rewind your memory back to a summer of cakes and accusations to see true loyalty.

And to quote your good self "On the pitch his attitude of the ball as always been poor especially against teams who have a higher % ball retention". That says everything doesn't it? Why would you defend any player you think isn't giving 100%? It's indefensible? Everyone accepts shit games like Aguero had at the weekend against West Brom because he worked his f*cking socks off trying, no one can accept c**ts that don't try.

-------Dinho--Nando

I don't think that formation would be the answer to all our problems either. Silva and Nasri with no pace and if it's Aguero up front it would be just as easy for the opposition to pack in their defence. You will be taking away Silva's playmaking skills as well.

Silva_Spell said:
fatbloke said:
waspish said:

-------Dinho--Nando

Yay doesn't have the movement to play in the No.10 role from the start, it's only ever worked as the game changer as it becomes more open in the later stages (e.g. 75 minutes onwards). He can't pivot or receive the ball from any angle like Silva or Nasri can, he hasn't got the agility, hence the reason very few playmakers are big old units (Zidane excluded).

And why the fuck would you play one of our truly world class stars Silva out of position to accommodate a 32 year old who can't be arsed most of the time? If Silva is fit, Silva plays in the No.10 role every single time for me.

Silva_Spell said:
fatbloke said:
waspish said:

-------Dinho--Nando

1) Where did Toure play for Barcelona?
2) Where does he play for the Ivory Coast?
3) We may name 2 strikers in the starting line up, but now we almost never play 442. When Boy has started, Aguero has been very deep.

This leads to 2 conclusions:

1) You are a Utd fan just seeking to be critical not reallyknowing how City play, or
2) You know nothing about football

I'm suggesting that his off the ball attitude has always been the same. It hasn't stopped many on BM hailing him as our best player ever tho.

My midfield above is a separate point about what is best for the team as a whole. Yaya's early season lack of form may have been down to cake, his brother's death or the WC, but being in his thirties and a year older, added to the fact that his physique doesn't lend itself to running all game, he should have been given more protection in behind.

Yaya does have the agility to turn players, that has been self evident for 5 years, but he wouldn't be a carbon copy of the small number 10.. Whilst he does have playmaking abilities, he's a much bigger goal threat.
Given that he's a year older with deteriorated box to box abilities he should have been moved further up the field. We also needed to change more from the very predictable 442/4222
Despite winning the title last season the warning signs were there with regards to how open we could be on the counter. Most of the time last year it was against the top teams, eg. Liverpool and Chelsea, but this season it has been evident against the lesser sides too.

Silva is one of our truly world class players, but so is Yaya. Silva has been superb for us wherever he has played, in fact most of his time at the club has been coming in from the right.

Marvin, your questions are irrelevant/stupid and your conclusions worse. Hope you weren't late for school.

Silva_Spell said:
I'm suggesting that his off the ball attitude has always been the same. It hasn't stopped many on BM hailing him as our best player ever tho.

My midfield above is a separate point about what is best for the team as a whole. Yaya's early season lack of form may have been down to cake, his brother's death or the WC, but being in his thirties and a year older, added to the fact that his physique doesn't lend itself to running all game, he should have been given more protection in behind.

Yaya does have the agility to turn players, that has been self evident for 5 years, but he wouldn't be a carbon copy of the small number 10.. Whilst he does have playmaking abilities, he's a much bigger goal threat.
Given that he's a year older with deteriorated box to box abilities he should have been moved further up the field. We also needed to change more from the very predictable 442/4222
Despite winning the title last season the warning signs were there with regards to how open we could be on the counter. Most of the time last year it was against the top teams, eg. Liverpool and Chelsea, but this season it has been evident against the lesser sides too.

Silva is one of our truly world class players, but so is Yaya. Silva has been superb for us wherever he has played, in fact most of his time at the club has been coming in from the right.

Marvin, your questions are irrelevant/stupid and your conclusions worse. Hope you weren't late for school.
No classes today.

As for stupid I'm not the lauding SIlva, and then suggesting Yaya Toure should play in his position.

Toure is not past if physically, but he's not fit enough at the moment. We could see the old Yaya back next season if he's committed to the club. I think he will be as he has no other options. PSG was a possibility last season in the Summer. It's an impossibility now, and the Italian clubs can't afford him, and I don't think he'd want to play at that level,

Hahaha I love Bluemoon sometimes, exchange above has reminded me of one of my favourite Alan Partridge quotes:

Alan Partridge (speaks into dictaphone): Sack Lynn for being unloyal – disloyal, and for joining in fun in a way that excludes her employer. And sack her for being an absolute idiot, and inefficient.

Marvin said:
Silva_Spell said:

No classes today.

As for stupid I'm not the lauding SIlva, and then suggesting Yaya Toure should play in his position.

Toure is not past if physically, but he's not fit enough at the moment. We could see the old Yaya back next season if he's committed to the club. I think he will be as he has no other options. PSG was a possibility last season in the Summer. It's an impossibility now, and the Italian clubs can't afford him, and I don't think he'd want to play at that level,

How was PSG a possibility last summer when they blew their FFP restricted wad on Sideshow Bob?

And why isn't it a possibility this summer?

Marvin said:
Silva_Spell said:

No classes today.

It's not about getting the absolute optimum from any single player. It's about what's best for the team as a whole.

Yaya and Silva both have to play, the question is how you want to guard against counters.

Silva_Spell said:
Marvin said:
Silva_Spell said:

No classes today.

It's not about getting the absolute optimum from any single player. It's about what's best for the team as a whole.

Yaya and Silva both have to play, the question is how you want to guard against counters.

There is no formation that should accommodate a player who is not prepared to work hard for the team and has no desire to roll his sleeves up and 'dig in' when its needed . its all about building a culture and quite frankly from what I've seen recently his attitude stinks and he has mugged his teammates and City fans right off!!!

He can go and Nasri can follow him out the door as well. Replace them with players who will show up and work for the team whether its going well or not!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.