Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
I can see Yaya's legacy at the club damaged if he stays beyond the summer. Already taken a hit this season. A real shame.

Doesnt look like he'll leave on good terms when he does eventually go.

And when he does leave, just wait for the slagging off the club will get from both him and his cockend agent.

Yaya's agent truly believes his client should be treated as some sort of deity at City whereas the reality is, most of the players are probably thinking "How the fuck are you on £200k a week!!!?"

spanishblue said:
cookster said:
spanishblue said:
Does anyone think his agent comes out with this shit on his own ?

I would say contrary. He's speaking directly for Yaya.

Exactly.
Gone from legend to out and out trouble making shit head the last two seasons

Eh?

You may have an argument this season but last season he was a beast, scored 20 odd goals, was 3rd in the player of the year awards and scored one of the best goals Wembley will ever see to get us back into a match we were looking like losing .

You can't rewrite history to that extent.

Like many before him he will be remembered as being up there as one of our greatest ever players regardless of his recent behaviour, there is no doubting that.

But the club should have got rid last season after the cake fiasco when his stock was at its highest as this season it's clear he doesn't want to be here

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
moomba said:
I can see Yaya's legacy at the club damaged if he stays beyond the summer. Already taken a hit this season. A real shame.

Doesnt look like he'll leave on good terms when he does eventually go.

And when he does leave, just wait for the slagging off the club will get from both him and his cockend agent.

Yaya's agent truly believes his client should be treated as some sort of deity at City whereas the reality is, most of the players are probably thinking "How the fuck are you on £200k a week!!!?"

I doubt the players will think that. Just look the comments made by Lescott or Micah in the past. Yaya is on the big bucks because he has been the biggest contributor to our recent success on the pitch. Everything goes through Yaya. He controls the tempo, the play. When Yaya is on form we are on form. Our response is largely to start threads like 'Yaya Toure. What does he really do?'

Yaya is not beyond criticism. No player is but Yaya is a player that we just don't get. That includes the media who had Yaya as a jobbing DM and nothing more. It took them two years to twig that he never played that role for us and even longer for it to dawn on them how influential he is and has been for us. Some fans still don't get it. But that's their loss. Not Toure's.

cookster said:
Ric said:
I see his agent is on the warpath again, having a pop at Pellegrini, Soriano and Begiristain:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/yaya-toures-agent-astonishing-blast-5543967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... st-5543967</a>

Some valid points but another reason Yaya has to go. At least once a season his agent sounds off, did the same at Barca.

As for Yaya, in my eyes he's a legend as are many associated with the team over the last 3-4 years. However it's time to rebuild and move on-wards and hopefully upwards.

The thing is he wanted out last summer for his final pay day. We said NO (we may have said yes if his contact had been paid up with a small fee for the 3 remaining years of his contract). Now he is 2 years into the contract he signed he can pay his contract up and go. Apparently, Inter will pay him 210k a month for 4 years BUT won't give us a transfer fee (which on a good day would be equivalent to the £21.84m required to buy his contract out - but we will be lucky to get anything). As such there will be a shit load more of the crap by him and his agent till he finally goes.

He's been a fine player for our club when he could be arsed, in hindsight he should have gone last summer but hopefully he'll be gone this summer.
Sometimes special players are treated differently to other players but that all changes when they're not doing it on the pitch and Yaya hasn't done that for quite some time.
Thanks for the memories but we'll bemore than fine without him.

Bye Bye Yaya, thanks for the memories.

Glad his snake of an agent reckons plenty of clubs prepared to pay a fee, sure we will enjoy quoting that to him when the time is right.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
spanishblue said:
cookster said:
I would say contrary. He's speaking directly for Yaya.

Exactly.
Gone from legend to out and out trouble making shit head the last two seasons

Eh?

You may have an argument this season but last season he was a beast, scored 20 odd goals, was 3rd in the player of the year awards and scored one of the best goals Wembley will ever see to get us back into a match we were looking like losing .

You can't rewrite history to that extent.

Sorry mate but he has wanted out for two years now (cake gate) this season is payback for not letting him go last season.
Hero to spoilt brat money grabbing git (hero) in one season

The agent is supposed to look out for the player's interests but Yaya's agent just makes life difficult for him.

This time I think what hes quoted as saying is largely right.

However the cheek of it! Yes Pellegrini is a weak manager because he has treated Yaya with kid gloves. And that confidence and leniency has been thrown back I his face by a player who in April 1 month before the end of the season is a defensive liability because he can't run. One Utd ruthlessly exploited.

He wont be sold simply because his standing in the game has fallen through the floor and no decent clubs would be interested.

Perhaps if his agent spent more time looking after his player, Yaya might be in a better place, mentally and physically. Personally what sympathy I had for him last Summer has vanished.

In hindsight he is actually the reason we lost out in Europe under Mancini for two seasons - most of the vital goals scored against us exploited the space behind YaYa as he shambled back from an upfield jaunt. Especially against good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.