Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: bye bye yaya

Time to offer Milner another contract and assure him of more playing time. Yaya is at the crux of our problems. Great going forward, but in a 4-4-2 doesn't do enough defensively to help mop up in the center of the park. Against a top team like Bayer we look worse than we are because he lets the opposition waltz by him putting more pressure on our defense.

Larry Stranger said:
Time to offer Milner another contract and assure him of more playing time. Yaya is at the crux of our problems. Great going forward, but in a 4-4-2 doesn't do enough defensively to help mop up in the center of the park. Against a top team like Bayer we look worse than we are because he lets the opposition waltz by him putting more pressure on our defense.

but this was said last year as well ( i agree with you btw but not that it is yayas fault completely)...the real problem is tactically he doesnt fit into a 4-4-2 against the very best teams....we already knew that so why did the manager do it (again!)

ppreflex.gif

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Sorry but you can not play like you did tonight you don't give a shit about the club anymore! You let the rest of the squad down tonight and if I was in charge you would not get near the first team again! Thanks for the wonderful moments but we can not carry passenger's anymore!

I didn't see much wrong with his performance tonight.

What was so wrong with the way he played you have to start a post like this?

He made numerous surging runs, helped out at the back, helped out at the front and made himself available all the time.

Nowt wrong with him tonight.
I thought this.

However we lost, so they should all be sacked.

Re: Yaya?

I'm not scapegoating them for us losing, but I thought Yaya and Nasri looked completely disinterested and unmotivated tonight. I've thought the same from both of them since the charity shield.

The reason it is so hard to retain a title is because it's hard for all players to maintain the same level of motivation the season after they have won. Unfortunately the long term contracts don't help on that score either.

He was lazy as fuck tonight, felt sorry for Fernan having to try and defend, cover and create himself and wasn't suprised to see him cramping up early on as anyone would playing champions league beside a casual jogger. Should have sent Yaya on his way in the summer as no sign of him getting back to his half arsed displays

cleavers said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Sorry but you can not play like you did tonight you don't give a shit about the club anymore! You let the rest of the squad down tonight and if I was in charge you would not get near the first team again! Thanks for the wonderful moments but we can not carry passenger's anymore!

I didn't see much wrong with his performance tonight.

What was so wrong with the way he played you have to start a post like this?

He made numerous surging runs, helped out at the back, helped out at the front and made himself available all the time.

Nowt wrong with him tonight.
I thought this.

However we lost, so they should all be sacked.

We matched Bayern tonight, we really did. We were not outplayed, we did ourselves proud and while we we lost, it was unlucky the way the goal happened.

We'll stuff em 1-0 at the Etihad and Yaya will play a lazy blinder as always!

Re: Yaya?

Hindsight, hindsight, hindsight!

It's always easy when one now's the outcome to re-engineer the whys and wherefores of any defeat and finger point at certain players. The facts are simple however and the reason we lost is that as a collective they wanted it more!

In simple terms it was like a 90 minute Tug of War. A combination of their desire and our collective fatigue decided the game.

In short, it doesn't matter who plays in what formation its more about the desire of those who play to triumph.

I am a big Yaya fan and I get surprised when some have a go at him because he can look knackered when he shouldn't be or he appears lazy at times when not getting back into his defensive position but tonight I thought he was staggeringly poor for the majority of the game.Yes of course there was the odd moment where he passed to a City player or made a mini surge forward but overall he was appalling.

Fernandinho was often doing his work as well as his own and it was only when Milner came on I started to feel more comfortable as we looked more solid. Equally poor though was the management decision to take others off and leave him on when it was plain to everyone he was contributing nothing.

I have faith though on our manager that if he keeps performing like that he will start to miss more games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.