Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Chippy_boy said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Gonna be a massive loss for us! He's irreplaceable! Also for people suggesting he should play further forward must not be watching how he dictates games playing in a 2 man central midfield!

Key to this is the fact that he hardly EVER gives the ball away. I haven't checked but I think he had a 100% pass completion rate yesterday. And on the very rare occasions he does lose the ball, he battles his socks off to get it back.

We really need to change our strategy once he's gone. We can't afford to lose control of the ball in midfield.

de niro said:
Ray78 said:
chris85mcfc said:
What are Ivory Coasts chances in the AFCON?

Has anyone any idea when we're likely to have him back at the earliest?

They changed their coach after a disappointing World Cup and Drogba has retired from the national team as well. Their new coach has won the AFCON with Zambia (beating the Ivory Coast in the 2012 final). They are one of the favourites and are expected to go all the way.

typical.

The only crumb of comfort is Cameroon is in their group and the Ivory Coast got battered 4-1 in the qualifying rounds.

He is an awesome player but it still makes me laugh watching him amble back when the opposition breaks on us, he just can't be arsed getting back at pace. Just one of those things that you have to overlook and just e happy that he is so good on the ball. The difference in our control of the ball between Burnley and Sunderland games was quite incredible, shame he wasn't on the pitch against Burnley but that one has been done to death now.

Rammy Blue said:
He is an awesome player but it still makes me laugh watching him amble back when the opposition breaks on us, he just can't be arsed getting back at pace. Just one of those things that you have to overlook and just e happy that he is so good on the ball. The difference in our control of the ball between Burnley and Sunderland games was quite incredible, shame he wasn't on the pitch against Burnley but that one has been done to death now.

He was one booking away from suspension.

Rammy Blue said:
Presumably those who would prefer he tracked back in a determined way would prefer to have Colback or Cleverley in the team. You get what you get with Yaya and most of that has been quality, whenever I get the chance to speak to opposition fans he's always the player they admire the most out of the City team. Can't believe some City fans are still sulking about the birthday cake thing

I think in some regard I am quite looking forward to us getting used to playing a midfield duo of Fernandinho and Fernando so they will be primed ready for the Barcelona game.

I do think with Yaya's current form though we will miss his game control and goal threat, in the last few games he was back to his top form from last season and I just hope we don't regret that with us still having so many injuries.

dobobobo said:
Rammy Blue said:

So what? Any ban would have elapsed whilst he was away at the ACON

Exeter Blue I am here said:
dobobobo said:
Rammy Blue said:

So what? Any ban would have elapsed whilst he was away at the ACON

Don't feed the troll mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.