Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
If he has said that, it's not because he is trying to force a move but more likely because he knows that there is a very similar type of player coming in the summer, so he's probably wondering if he still had a future at City.

I'm sorry but Messi ain't like him ;)

Can't believe how sensitive some people here are. You would think most would realize football is primarily a business for all those involved with the exception of fans.

Yaya is trying to get as much money as he can before his time runs out. Him being "non-committal" about his future is straight out of the playbook of hardball negotiations. He doesn't have much leverage with the club as he is under contract for couple of more years. I'm pretty sure him and his agent are looking for his last huge payday before his performance starts deteriorating due to age. Thus the reason why they are trying to drum interest from other clubs to either get payday from them or put pressure on CIty on extension.

Personally, I'm not big fan of this, but at same time millions of pounds aren't at stake for me. But I understand it for what it is, and unless his performance starts dipping as result of this, I don't see why people are making this a huge issue for them.

"It's only football that keeps me peaceful," adds Toure. "It's only the feeling of going after the ball that makes me happy. It's only once I see the City fans singing my name and the manager told me I want to cover, to take more space, it makes me feel happy and it's all I want."

doesn't sound too unhappy to me!

For those that haven't actually seen the interview it's here

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/16/f...can-cup-of-nations-manchester-city/index.html

The other exerts of the interview give a different picture of the one that the media want to give.

First of all Yaya comes across quite humble - saying that city are strong that they can cope without him, just as they have coped without sergio and vinny in recent weeks.

He then goes on to mention how important the fans are and how "happy" it makes him when we sing his name.

He then goes on to give the stock answer that EVERY footballer gives when questioned about their future.......and the media latch onto that one snippet to create a non story to shit stir and people fall for the same bullshit every single time.

He also says he was "hurt" by the store in the summer.......doesnt want to open his heart up to the media and that the people he was upset with concerning the summer know it.......who that/they are is anyones guess but it doesn't sound like it is the club.

I dont blame him one bit for the way he feels...he has a right to choose who he plays for, when he thinks his time at a club is done, when he wants to move onto new challenges and I think he has earn that right....he has helped to give us and has been instrumental in all our recent success along with a core of other players. When he goes whether it is this summer or the next he goes with my best wishes...anyone who says any different is just a bitter individual imho.

jpargo said:
Can't believe how sensitive some people here are. You would think most would realize football is primarily a business for all those involved with the exception of fans.

Yaya is trying to get as much money as he can before his time runs out. Him being "non-committal" about his future is straight out of the playbook of hardball negotiations. He doesn't have much leverage with the club as he is under contract for couple of more years. I'm pretty sure him and his agent are looking for his last huge payday before his performance starts deteriorating due to age. Thus the reason why they are trying to drum interest from other clubs to either get payday from them or put pressure on CIty on extension.

Personally, I'm not big fan of this, but at same time millions of pounds aren't at stake for me. But I understand it for what it is, and unless his performance starts dipping as result of this, I don't see why people are making this a huge issue for them.

Yeah, the poor sod is only on £220,000 a week. What the hell do we expect when people are struggling to make a living on a pittance like that.

Chippy_boy said:
jpargo said:

Yeah, the poor sod is only on £220,000 a week. What the hell do we expect when people are struggling to make a living on a pittance like that.

Is he, when did he tell you that

simon23 said:
The other exerts of the interview give a different picture of the one that the media want to give.

First of all Yaya comes across quite humble - saying that city are strong that they can cope without him, just as they have coped without sergio and vinny in recent weeks.

He then goes on to mention how important the fans are and how "happy" it makes him when we sing his name.

He then goes on to give the stock answer that EVERY footballer gives when questioned about their future.......and the media latch onto that one snippet to create a non story to shit stir and people fall for the same bullshit every single time.

He also says he was "hurt" by the store in the summer.......doesnt want to open his heart up to the media and that the people he was upset with concerning the summer know it.......who that/they are is anyones guess but it doesn't sound like it is the club.

I dont blame him one bit for the way he feels...he has a right to choose who he plays for, when he thinks his time at a club is done, when he wants to move onto new challenges and I think he has earn that right....he has helped to give us and has been instrumental in all our recent success along with a core of other players. When he goes whether it is this summer or the next he goes with my best wishes...anyone who says any different is just a bitter individual imho.

He was apparently gone in the summer yet is still here. Everytime he goes away the speculation begins and it is because he is away from City's media people who usually stop these things before they are allowed to happen. We also nip it in the bud beforehand anyway because interviews are quite controlled and away from the club he can give interviews to people who might have questionable agendas lets say. Again this isn't because any of it is true but because the media can essentially write what they want so whether comments are taken out of context or absolutely anything they can pick up on it usually doesn't get out. Yaya is contracted to this club and it would take for me an offer proportional to £60-80M to pry him away and no club in the world can afford that right now for a aging midfielder. He for me is right up there in value with the likes of Iniesta who you have to remember is also only a year younger.

The reality is, it would take Yaya and Yaya only to have to want to leave this club for him to leave and he has shown no indication in any interview where you can see or hear his exact words that he is planning on leaving. I would take anything around that as either rubbish or as though it is out of context.

I really would like to see him take up the mantle with Vieira when he is too old and get into coaching the young lads here because no-one realizes what a servant he has been for us. Yaya has been a vital key cog if not the most important cog in the recent successes of this club. If anyone can tell me a midfielder who is better in that position and who also possesses the qualities he has, I will tell you why you are wrong.

inbetween said:
simon23 said:

He was apparently gone in the summer yet is still here. Everytime he goes away the speculation begins and it is because he is away from City's media people who usually stop these things before they are allowed to happen. We also nip it in the bud beforehand anyway because interviews are quite controlled and away from the club he can give interviews to people who might have questionable agendas lets say. Again this isn't because any of it is true but because the media can essentially write what they want so whether comments are taken out of context or absolutely anything they can pick up on it usually doesn't get out. Yaya is contracted to this club and it would take for me an offer proportional to £60-80M to pry him away and no club in the world can afford that right now for a aging midfielder. He for me is right up there in value with the likes of Iniesta who you have to remember is also only a year younger.

The reality is, it would take Yaya and Yaya only to have to want to leave this club for him to leave and he has shown no indication in any interview where you can see or hear his exact words that he is planning on leaving. I would take anything around that as either rubbish or as though it is out of context.

I really would like to see him take up the mantle with Vieira when he is too old and get into coaching the young lads here because no-one realizes what a servant he has been for us. Yaya has been a vital key cog if not the most important cog in the recent successes of this club. If anyone can tell me a midfielder who is better in that position and who also possesses the qualities he has, I will tell you why you are wrong.

well said

grim up north said:
Chippy_boy said:
jpargo said:

The same day Barack Obama told you he was President of the US.

But perhaps he's only on £1,000 a week and you've completely blown my point?

Chippy_boy said:
grim up north said:
Chippy_boy said:

The same day Barack Obama told you he was President of the US.

But perhaps he's only on £1,000 a week and you've completely blown my point?

Probably somewhere in between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.