Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLUE THUNDER said:
People have VERY SHORT memories and are way too precious. It's not the flippant quotes in "set up" interviews from journalists trying to create news that you should be worrying about. ITS HIS PERFORMANCE IN A SKY BLUE SHIRT THAT MATTERS.
Last time I looked he helped get us over the line to the title less than 8 months ago. He should have been Player of the Season, a 20 + goal season from a midfielder, and not just any goals as we know. All the while under duress no doubt because of his brothers illness. He did not get the recognition he deserved from the propaganda based media that prefers the old guard clubs to make news.
This season he is coming into form and his goals decide games. e.g the cracker v Sunderland. Do you think we missed him v Burnley and Everton. We would have won both those games with him in the line up.
So lets stop being precious and get sucked onto the propaganda and support him , because unless the club decides otherwise he is a blue until 2017 with plenty of great football left in him !

And if Yaya had just said "I will not answer that question", the journalist would of been forced to write something like: "When asked about his future, Yaya remained suspicously quiet and avoided answering. PSG of course is the..." With this scenario you probably would of just got one ore two tools kicking off on here, but no Yaya said what he wanted to say and people have reacted.

I can't blame them.

love yaya as a player , but he and his agent need to keep their gobs shut , when they are enjoying their winter holiday in africa , yaya gets more headlines , when he is thousands of miles away , then he does on a saturday afternooon (or sunday etc etc) in manchester.

So hypothetically, if he had said, something like this instead:

- Well I hope to be playing for Manchester City next season as well. I love it here and I have my contract, and fully expect it to be honored by both sides.

- I am very grateful for everything the club has done for me, the belief it has showed in me over the years so I want to continue giving back what i can.

- Would such comments then, in any way at all decrease his chances to get his (probable) desired departure form the club this summer? I highly doubt that.
But he would then, have showed the fans, his teammates and his club the deserved and appropriate respect.

Yaya thinks he is the most important figure at the club. But he is not.
He thinks he is immune to well founded criticism. But he is not.

I'm convinced he has made his mind up already (last summer) to leave us, and want's to do it on his own terms. He thinks he can mastermind his departure from the club, which has transformed him from a good player to a world known brilliant one. And also made him extremely wealthy during the time.

Show some fucking gratitude and respect I say.
We are not lucky to have Yaya.
Yaya is lucky to have Manchester City.

A few months ago I heard Perry " 2 titles without playing" Groves say that one of his mates, who plays for Norwich said that Yaya was the only player that they couldn't work out how to stop because he has everything, power,pace and supreme skill.

As much as I love Merlin and the influence he has, I can't help but think that Yaya is the player that the opposition fear the most and they are more confident when we don't have him. Yes he can frustrate but by God, I don't think there are many finer sights than Yaya in full flow.

BlueKolarovWorker said:
A few months ago I heard Perry " 2 titles without playing" Groves say that one of his mates, who plays for Norwich said that Yaya was the only player that they couldn't work out how to stop because he has everything, power,pace and supreme skill.

As much as I love Merlin and the influence he has, I can't help but think that Yaya is the player that the opposition fear the most and they are more confident when we don't have him. Yes he can frustrate but by God, I don't think there are many finer sights than Yaya in full flow.

fair comment , he is one of a few players in the world , who can take a game by the scruff of the neck , and its usually the big games , a sign of a truly world class player.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
BlueKolarovWorker said:

fair comment , he is one of a few players in the world , who can take a game by the scruff of the neck , and its usually the big games , a sign of a truly world class player.

who we have missed in these last 3 games we dropped points. He;d have bullied that arse midfield

Mattyc55 said:
We are in big trouble when this guy truly starts to decline.. at 31 he is getting no younger and it is extremely worrying how reliant we are on him. Every time he goes to ACON we seem to fall to pieces.

We don't seem, we actually do ! We always gift 5~6 points to the team we are chasing whenever Yaya goes to the Acon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.