Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
Got to say that he's much more than just our best player.

The fact is that our whole style of play is built around Yaya.

Without him our style and squad needs a complete rebuild.

We need yaya at home out game is based around him and he controls and distributes and connects defence and attack. Away from home in games like roma we don't miss him as we play on a quick break and fight but when we are at home and have the ball he is absolutely vital . The mistake we make is we think of silva as the conductor he is actually the virtuoso first violinist, yaya is the conductor and he takesnthe ball and gives it to silva or nasri or aguero, he takes it back, he gives it back. Best of all he keeps teams on their toes as he has the ability to produce a killer Pass, to go for a long shot or make a run as well so they can't Rely on him just laying off.

I wouldn't see him for 40m as we would lose more than we would gain and I would be signing his replacement and easing him out of the team over 2-3 seasons and sending him to NY.

Quite simply I don't really care what he yarps on about, I think about what is good for City on the pitch and we need him for at least a 18 months preferably 30 months more as any replacement should be absolutely bedded in and nailing it before we get rid. To sell for 20m would be stupid beyond belief -

cordonbleu said:
Chrisdunk said:
Yep. It's clear as day he's our best player. Everyones head is too far up Silva's arse to realise this though.

Your head is too far up Yaya's arse to realize that he is dispensable. Sure the team suffers temporarily if they are missing a key player who plays matches for the club as a cog of the wheel for so long.

But, he is replaceable. Nobody is above the club, that obviously includes Yaya the twat.
We won 7 in 7 without Silva. We closed the gap on Chelsea without Kun. Yaya misses a few games and the entire team falls apart. He's the one indispensable player on this team, no player in the World can provide what he does.

Calling our best ever player a twat. Pathetic.

Chrisdunk said:
cordonbleu said:
Chrisdunk said:
Yep. It's clear as day he's our best player. Everyones head is too far up Silva's arse to realise this though.

Your head is too far up Yaya's arse to realize that he is dispensable. Sure the team suffers temporarily if they are missing a key player who plays matches for the club as a cog of the wheel for so long.

But, he is replaceable. Nobody is above the club, that obviously includes Yaya the twat.
We won 7 in 7 without Silva. We closed the gap on Chelsea without Kun. Yaya misses a few games and the entire team falls apart. He's the one indispensable player on this team, no player in the World can provide what he does.

Calling our best ever player a twat. Pathetic.
We can survive without any one single player but when you miss 2 or 3 and you have another 2 coming back from injury it makes you vulnerable to a bad day at work.

Demichelis, Kompany, Milner all had very poor games

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
cordonbleu said:
Chrisdunk said:

Yaya is essential to the way we play. Don't see how that in any way can make him dispensable and that is the uncomfortable fact of life for us. Also can't think of anyone who can replace him. People talk about Pogba and Koke but are they really Yaya standard?
The answer to your question is no. Pogba is playing for the one decent team in a dog shit league and is therefore untested at the very top, he may well be a top player but I'd reserve my judgement just yet. I like Koke but he's no Yaya.

Defending the attitude of "we're fucked without Yaya" is very shortsighted.

Yes, he is a fantastic player who on occasion can be worldclass, and on occasion next to invisible. But I am 100% positive our management, with the help of Txiki will know exactly how to shape the team and squad in a post-Yaya scenario. Saying we can never replace him is frankly irrelevant. So what?
How the team is set-up now, is based on strengths and weaknesses of the squad and areas which needs reinforcements will be dealt with. It might mean we change formations, going back to two up top (the addition of Bony suggests this), or a 4-3-3... who knows. But a future City-side without Yaya should not be compared to the current one. Adding Koke (for example) would not imply he will be instructed to do what Yaya does. He would not be a Yaya replacement per se. What we might loose without Yaya could mean we win something in other aspect of our game.

With or without Yaya, we will continue have a very strong squad fighting for the finest of trophies. I think we need to realize, that the City we see today is not the greatest we could be. We can, and will be better, and players will come and go.

I can't wait to see a City-side with even more intensity, hunger, passion and determination, a team which destroys opponents on a regular basis.

It has already been mentioned that he controls the tempo of our team especially at home where we have so much possession. The fact we haven't won away without him for over a year suggests he's pretty important in away games.

But what I sensed yesterday is that the other players know he is the big game player who can get us out of trouble. He gives everybody else confidence. "Yaya can do the impossible". He also frightens the opposition. they know who the daddy of this Manchester City side is.

Yesterday his absence was a huge chasm. Silva and Kun great players no doubt. But Yaya is a man amongst boys. If he were playing against Chelsea our chances improve exponentially.

We're not really here said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
cordonbleu said:

Yaya is essential to the way we play. Don't see how that in any way can make him dispensable and that is the uncomfortable fact of life for us. Also can't think of anyone who can replace him. People talk about Pogba and Koke but are they really Yaya standard?
The answer to your question is no. Pogba is playing for the one decent team in a dog shit league and is therefore untested at the very top, he may well be a top player but I'd reserve my judgement just yet. I like Koke but he's no Yaya.

To be fair, he looked pretty formidable in the World Cup also.

Having said I'd be happy for him to go, I've re-considered after I've een how we play without him. He makes everything tick in the centre of the park, taking the ball, distributing it, receiving it again, probing forward and having a shot. Unless we've got a replacement then we should keep him as long as we can.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Having said I'd be happy for him to go, I've re-considered after I've een how we play without him. He makes everything tick in the centre of the park, taking the ball, distributing it, receiving it again, probing forward and having a shot. Unless we've got a replacement then we should keep him as long as we can.

Amen to this!

We're not really here said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Amen to this!
Yep, spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.