Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no cynic said:
pavelsrnicek said:
If Yaya is going to be with us for another couple of seasons it may not be the worst thing if Ivory Coast win the ACON. If they do I bet Yaya will retire from international football.
He might be too old for the next ACON anyway.

The way he was blowing last night in a game with less pace than a group of 50 year olds playing walking football says you could well be right.

Pudge I wasn't talking about whether Toure would take the move. I was talking about whether Inter could afford him and without CL football they simply can't even IMO nor will they sign someone of that age on those wages even if he takes a 50% pay cut.

Mister Appointment said:
Pudge I wasn't talking about whether Toure would take the move. I was talking about whether Inter could afford him and without CL football they simply can't even IMO nor will they sign someone of that age on those wages even if he takes a 50% pay cut.
True, they more than likely can't afford him; hence the charm offensive and public courting.

Money would be the stumbling block not just a lack of CL football imo. Although you could argue one hinges on the other; no CL = bigger wage.

I watched Wolsburg batter Bayern last night, and I was very impressed by DeBruyne. I think ,he would be a very good replacement for Yaya rather than Pogba who plays in a low pace league compared to the bundesliga.

bluefoever said:
I watched Wolsburg batter Bayern last night, and I was very impressed by DeBruyne. I think ,he would be a very good replacement for Yaya rather than Pogba who plays in a low pace league compared to the bundesliga.

except that de bruyne isnt a central midfielder

Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

On his day he's a match winner, the frustration is he looks like an olympic sprinter going forward and a marathon coming back ..... I thought we looked very good today, very solid and the two Ferns were excellent, we don;t look the same with Yaya for us much as he gives us something as an attacking force but he is average at best most of the time when we don't have the ball. Great against lesser teams with the grestetst of repsect to them but in CL and top PL games its an issue for me.....

Re: Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

TrueBlue1705 said:
On his day he's a match winner, the frustration is he looks like an olympic sprinter going forward and a marathon coming back ..... I thought we looked very good today, very solid and the two Ferns were excellent, we don;t look the same with Yaya for us much as he gives us something as an attacking force but he is average at best most of the time when we don't have the ball. Great against lesser teams with the grestetst of repsect to them but in CL and top PL games its an issue for me.....

Trust me Yaya does a lot more than he appears to. He's the type of player who frustrates opponents with his control of the ball. He's been inconsistent at start of season but he's regained most of his momentum.

But defensively our weakness against some teams who like to attack is the fact that we need a stronger CDM to cover for Yaya when he does make runs up. Fernandinho does this ok, but he also likes to spring forward; I think we were all counting on Fernando to take up this role and so far he's been inconsistent. Having reliable wingers like a De Bruyne that he can pass to would also help move the ball forward so that he doesn't have to move up himself.

Re: Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

''accommodate'' lol

first name on the teamsheet and may well win us the league again yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.