Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Stortz said:
You can normally tell within the first five minutes if ya ya can be arsed or not, and if he can't it's generally ends up being a bad day all round for us, it's even worse when hes captain it just spreads through the whole team. I love ya ya and what he's done for us but after last I wish we had sold him and gone and got Barkley. Everyone saying he's not in the same class as ya ya are obviously correct but at least he would have put some effort in unlike ya ya last night. And as for sagna well, utter dogshit!

I don't think that's fair. Defensively he did his job well (certainly compared to Clichy, who was all over the place against Muller and then Robben). Yes his forward play was disappointing but in terms of being a backup right-back I think he's a decent addition to the squad.

I thought we lost the game because of Ya Ya's performance. Not only did he lack energy from first minute but his tracking of runners and simple marking was woeful. A couple of nice passes going forward does not excuse his total lack of contribution in defence. The tin biscuit for me was when Navas who had run himself into the ground all night and just made an excellent tackle got hooked and Ya Ya remained. What the hell was Pellers thinking about? Is there something in Ya Ya's contract? I really fear for us against Chelsea if Ya Ya plays. Swift action needed and the team performance is more important than any single players reputation or ego.

At the final whistle I was gutted after the last minute winner to say the least.
Yaya for his part was hugging and laughing with Guardiola. His immediate thoughts and gestures should have been to the City fans and his team mates.
Not impressed!
Yaya owes us a big performance against Maureen's lot on Sunday .....if he's picked!

FromPollockToSilva said:
Stortz said:
You can normally tell within the first five minutes if ya ya can be arsed or not, and if he can't it's generally ends up being a bad day all round for us, it's even worse when hes captain it just spreads through the whole team. I love ya ya and what he's done for us but after last I wish we had sold him and gone and got Barkley. Everyone saying he's not in the same class as ya ya are obviously correct but at least he would have put some effort in unlike ya ya last night. And as for sagna well, utter dogshit!

I don't think that's fair. Defensively he did his job well (certainly compared to Clichy, who was all over the place against Muller and then Robben). Yes his forward play was disappointing but in terms of being a backup right-back I think he's a decent addition to the squad.
Fair do's pal but what I've seen of him so far he's been cack, never rated him at arsenal either

We wouldn't let him go when he cried about his cake, last night was what I feared we would see from him (payback).

The hardest he worked last night was kissing Peps arse fukin shame full.

And if Sanga is an improvement on Micha fuck me

Rant over

Yaya started his warm down at the start of the second half by jogging about the pitch. I'm sure he has a no sub policy in his contract.

Fernandinho Fernando
Navas/Nasri Jovetic Silva
Aguero

Is a better team than any with Yaya in it. He needs dropping and we really need to get a plan together for life without Yaya. Kills any balance to our play. If he didn't already play for us I don't think he's the type of player we'd buy now.

He took the piss last night - plain and simple
I observed him in his role further up in the 2nd half and he stepped away from ball and player so that he wouldn´t have to chase or make a challenge on numerous occasions. Just too fookin obvious.
If he has no professional pride left come Sunday he should be benched

The big problem with Yaya Toure is the fact that he's absolutely world class and yet a very VERY 50/50 player. My example of this is the Aston Villa game. Whilst incredibly impressive, what other player you know of strolls through a game with very low intensity and then looks like a completely different player when he picks up the ball on the counter, drives past 3 players whilst sprinting 50 yards and finishing with ease.

It is bizzare. It is clear to see now that Yaya Toure just cannot be held to much if not any defensive duty. High pressing and quick tempo passing just slip by him.

Can you imagine if Toure was as skilled as he is but has the engine and mobility of Fernandinho? His general running motion is a slow lumber, there is no quick reaction.

But when he shows what he can do I.e. Change a game in an instant - he's unbelievable. (Look at Sunderland for the best example. Out of nothing.)

THATS why City can't afford not to play him. But this I think is the big problem. When was the last time Yaya Toure put in a truly commanding performance? Palace away. He showed his class there. He put in the pace, effort and skill required to win the game. But when before that?

I would honestly go all the way back to United at home in September.

And THAT is simply not good enough for City as I think they lose a lot of intensity and mobility in midfield with Yaya playing.

Look at Arsenal away last year with Yaya playing. 1-1 draw and he was hardly imposing. This season? He doesn't play and City had a great intensity and sharpness to their passing and should have won the game with enough chances at the end. Also see Bayern away last year. But City won that one against the European Champions.

It is difficult to put games you don't win down to just Yaya but it's not many times where you see Yaya have a good/great game and we don't win.

I think Coty didn't get rid of him in the summer because if they had, pundits and fans alike might have been saying 'Oh you needed the power and drive from Toure there' or 'Where's the 20 goals going to come from in midfield?'

I am predicting a poor season for him because I don't think his heads in the right place, but I think City fans will actually be pleasantly surprised when City sell him and buy somebody like Pogba, who's an ideal replacement which is clear to see.

The problem is his value. PSG might have paid £40m for him this summer because of his statistically brilliant season. But no longer after this one I think.

It's frustrating because everyone wants to see a barnstorming, fired-up Toure that's putting a huge stamp on the game. But it ms just too far and few between to justify playing him every game.

Long post but I hope many agree. Fantastic footballer but this should be his last season IMO unless he wants to accept a smaller role and Pogba could then learn from him, which would be a big bonus.

There were a few who were handed stick for suggesting we got rid because of his antics this summer, even if it was also qualified by his age and probably hitting his peak, allied to his value in the market.

Sure, he'll have a great game again and all will be forgotten, but he's the longer term problem, and we need to learn to renew this City team without him.

Delaying the inevitable.

If he was open to it, I would offer him to Juventus in January for Vidal or Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.