Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluechampion7891 said:
Silva_Spell said:
Utd played the formation we should have been doing most of the season (4-1-4-1/4-1-2-2-1)

Yaya is still a fantastic player on the ball. He has never been great out of possession and he's certainly not going to be getting any better. Given that he has been such an important player for the club you would think we'd tweak the system to fit. We've had the 2 ferns at the club to allow it. Instead we've kept him in a 2. It beggars belief, it really does.

He should not be sold. We should be signing a top class DM and a mobile CM to partner him and allow him the freedom to break forward in support of the striker, as Fellaini did today.

this issue is becoming more and more apparent. yaya no longer seems to have the legs to be occasionally box to box.

if we want to manage the transition period it would make sense to keep Yaya, but if he is among those who are responsible for the on field malaise then we should cash in on him while we can

H doesn't have to be box to box. With a DM like Schneiderlin behind him as well as a more box to box partner (pogba) he can just take his average position 10-20 yards up the pitch. Just take a bit of the off the ball responsibility off him a bit.

I think we're in risk of going overboard. There are a few 'big' players that need to move on (eg. Dzeko 1st one imo) but Yaya is not one of them (neither is Kompany btw - talk of him following MP is ludicrous ...and disrespectful for that matter). Prior to the ACON he was probably our best player after a slow start.
He is a top passer and a goalscoring CM, they are hard to come by. We'd regret it imo.

Silva_Spell said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Silva_Spell said:
Utd played the formation we should have been doing most of the season (4-1-4-1/4-1-2-2-1)

Yaya is still a fantastic player on the ball. He has never been great out of possession and he's certainly not going to be getting any better. Given that he has been such an important player for the club you would think we'd tweak the system to fit. We've had the 2 ferns at the club to allow it. Instead we've kept him in a 2. It beggars belief, it really does.

He should not be sold. We should be signing a top class DM and a mobile CM to partner him and allow him the freedom to break forward in support of the striker, as Fellaini did today.

this issue is becoming more and more apparent. yaya no longer seems to have the legs to be occasionally box to box.

if we want to manage the transition period it would make sense to keep Yaya, but if he is among those who are responsible for the on field malaise then we should cash in on him while we can

H doesn't have to be box to box. With a DM like Schneiderlin behind him as well as a more box to box partner (pogba) he can just take his average position 10-20 yards up the pitch. Just take a bit of the off the ball responsibility off him a bit.

I think we're in risk of going overboard. There are a few 'big' players that need to move on (eg. Dzeko 1st one imo) but Yaya is not one of them. Prior to the ACON he was probably our best player after a slow start.
He is a top passer and a goalscoring CM, they are hard to come by. We'd regret it imo.

i was all in for keeping him till the end of the contract. although he started the season poorly - with the performance v bayern one of the most disgusting ones i have ever seen - he improved a lot. I vividly remember him really trying to make things happen v stoke and west ham when we were down earlier in the season, and he played an important role November through december

but post AFCON he has been poor to the point it seems he doesn't care. as the "glue" of the team on the pitch (in terms of play) this effect spreads to the rest of the team. and thats the reason why I think its time to move on from Yaya - (even though i still believe that he is world class in controlling a game)

also, in a 4141 we'd still be carrying yaya and silva, which means that the other wide player must work a lot

Yaya Toure

Never seen a lazier performance from any player in a City shirt from when I began watching City in 1981. Thankful to Yaya a hell of a lot but he needs to never wear a City shirt again.

Re: Yaya Toure

Too lazy to look down the page?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305721&p=8458323&hilit=Yaya+Toure+topic#p8458323" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305721&p=8458323&hilit=Yaya+Toure+topic#p8458323</a>

aguero93:20 said:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305721&p=8458323&hilit=Yaya+Toure+topic#p8458323" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305721&p=8458323&hilit=Yaya+Toure+topic#p8458323</a>

Apologies. I wanted to put in his kind of effort.

Never seen a lazier performance from any player in a City shirt from when I began watching City in 1981. Thankful to Yaya a hell of a lot but he needs to never wear a City shirt again.

Stephenhakin said:
aguero93:20 said:

Apologies. I wanted to put in his kind of effort.

:)

Should have been sold last summer once his agent went on his rants without Yaya's intervevention. Once his unrest was disclosed and his unhappiness was revealed it was never going to be a good season and anyone who thought he should be forced through into honouring his contract with peak performances was misguided.

He had a post-World Cup hangover at the start of the season and then was hitting really good form just before going off to that stupid AFCON competition. He came back from that as a champion, which took a lot of effort, and he's been on his holidays since.

We should have sold last summer. His stock was high and we would have had takers for very good money.

No surprise he cant be arsed at the same time Bobby is gobbing off about him wanting out so he can play for him again.

Bob is a twat and so is Yaya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.