Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
Silva_Spell said:
bluechampion7891 said:
this issue is becoming more and more apparent. yaya no longer seems to have the legs to be occasionally box to box.

if we want to manage the transition period it would make sense to keep Yaya, but if he is among those who are responsible for the on field malaise then we should cash in on him while we can

H doesn't have to be box to box. With a DM like Schneiderlin behind him as well as a more box to box partner (pogba) he can just take his average position 10-20 yards up the pitch. Just take a bit of the off the ball responsibility off him a bit.

I think we're in risk of going overboard. There are a few 'big' players that need to move on (eg. Dzeko 1st one imo) but Yaya is not one of them (neither is Kompany btw - talk of him following MP is ludicrous ...and disrespectful for that matter). Prior to the ACON he was probably our best player after a slow start.
He is a top passer and a goalscoring CM, they are hard to come by. We'd regret it imo.

Genuine question. Why would it be disrespectful to sell Vinnie? Surely, if he continues to play poorly, he has no overiding exemption?

Loyalty.

First bad patch he's had at the club and a few are treating him like a 2 bob whore. Some of the vitriol I've read on here and on twitter from so called City fans has been disgusting. Johnny-come-latelies, no doubt.

Lack of footballing intelligence as well. The best CB in the PL for the last 4 or 5 years and still in his 20's. You don't sell a CB as good as VK.

Lazy bastard.

Ever since cake gate I've gone right off him, and that shows ZERO signs of changing. He's just not arsed. If you can't be arsed showing up against the big boys, then when will you be arsed?

I've always been a big fan of Yaya, right from the start. But I'm a bigger fan of The club, there's no room for sentiment.

Time to move him on.

I love Ya Ya, love what he's done and achieved with the club, a wonderful passer, great vision and a fine footballer to wear the Man City shirt.

sadly i think his time has run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.