Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva_Spell said:
Utd played the formation we should have been doing most of the season (4-1-4-1/4-1-2-2-1)

Yaya is still a fantastic player on the ball. He has never been great out of possession and he's certainly not going to be getting any better. Given that he has been such an important player for the club you would think we'd tweak the system to fit. We've had the 2 ferns at the club to allow it. Instead we've kept him in a 2. It beggars belief, it really does.

He should not be sold. We should be signing a top class DM and a mobile CM to partner him and allow him the freedom to break forward in support of the striker, as Fellaini did today.

Your argument would carry a lot more if Yaya Tried. I think its rediculous posters sugesting we mould our team around an aging player who spits his dummy out far too often for a highly paid professional. We play against 11, and we need 11 ourselves, not 10 and Yaya when he feels like it.

He has been great for us, but has is the operative word.

Time to bid him farewell and get someone with fire in their belly to replace him.

Silva_Spell said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Silva_Spell said:
Utd played the formation we should have been doing most of the season (4-1-4-1/4-1-2-2-1)

Yaya is still a fantastic player on the ball. He has never been great out of possession and he's certainly not going to be getting any better. Given that he has been such an important player for the club you would think we'd tweak the system to fit. We've had the 2 ferns at the club to allow it. Instead we've kept him in a 2. It beggars belief, it really does.

He should not be sold. We should be signing a top class DM and a mobile CM to partner him and allow him the freedom to break forward in support of the striker, as Fellaini did today.

this issue is becoming more and more apparent. yaya no longer seems to have the legs to be occasionally box to box.

if we want to manage the transition period it would make sense to keep Yaya, but if he is among those who are responsible for the on field malaise then we should cash in on him while we can

H doesn't have to be box to box. With a DM like Schneiderlin behind him as well as a more box to box partner (pogba) he can just take his average position 10-20 yards up the pitch. Just take a bit of the off the ball responsibility off him a bit.

I think we're in risk of going overboard. There are a few 'big' players that need to move on (eg. Dzeko 1st one imo) but Yaya is not one of them (neither is Kompany btw - talk of him following MP is ludicrous ...and disrespectful for that matter). Prior to the ACON he was probably our best player after a slow start.
He is a top passer and a goalscoring CM, they are hard to come by. We'd regret it imo.

Genuine question. Why would it be disrespectful to sell Vinnie? Surely, if he continues to play poorly, he has no overiding exemption?

I've hated Yaya with a passion for years and I've been slaughtered by people on this forum for my opinion, now finally people are waking up to the fact that he's an individual who plays for himself and will never sacrifice himself for the good of the team.

Talent means nothing if you aren't prepared to work.

The reason Mancini got sacked and the reason Pellegrini will get sacked is because they've pandered to individuals rather than focusing on the collective. Yaya has had so many performances like we've seen recently, he's never been dropped as far as I can remember. That management doesn't encourage players to work hard, why should they if the team isn't picked on merit. People wonder why Milner wants to leave? It doesn't matter how hard he tries, he wont be given the chance he deserves.

Before anyone tries to argue that point, I'm not advocating effort always comes above talent, I'm saying if Yaya wants to showcase his talent then he has to put the same effort in as the less talented players.

Oh and the lazy **** can take the wannabe hard man Kolarov with him because he's just the same.

hilts said:
You don't ask Kauto Star to plough a field

We're not asking for that were asking for yaya a centre mid to play like a centre mid, and actually do something when not in possession, just to thow it out there it's not only him. As far as his age goes he was outplayed against burnley by a 37 year old nobody!

Best and most influential player in the squad and prem for me. If he plays well we play well as a team. When he doesn't play we are poor. No one out there can replace him either. He was poor against burnley but who wasn't? This guy changed everything for us. He was the first top player we signed and I think that made a lot of others take notice. On his day unplayable.

bondsman said:
Best and most influential player in the squad and prem for me. If he plays well we play well as a team. When he doesn't play we are poor. No one out there can replace him either. He was poor against burnley but who wasn't? This guy changed everything for us. He was the first top player we signed and I think that made a lot of others take notice. On his day unplayable.

Exactly why it is even more sad that he has simply downed tools. Love what he has done for us but cannot forgive not trying - recently he has wanted to give others the ball rather than of old when he would dictate what we do and destroy teams. Is it him not having respect for the manager, or simply age catching up with him? Can't say - but someone needs to make a decision on his future with City and that will take a lot of bottle given the power he believes he holds.

Mr HJ said:
bondsman said:

Exactly why it is even more sad that he has simply downed tools. Love what he has done for us but cannot forgive not trying - recently he has wanted to give others the ball rather than of old when he would dictate what we do and destroy teams. Is it him not having respect for the manager, or simply age catching up with him? Can't say - but someone needs to make a decision on his future with City and that will take a lot of bottle given the power he believes he holds.

That's what is frustrating with Yaya.

We know and I think he knows that he is the most important player in our team yet he turns up when he wants, as good as he can be I am not sure we can accommodate such a player.

I think I would look to replace him in the summer personally, he is a world class player on his day but that's the issue, it's on his day, when he wants to play world class.

Has yaya got some health problems we don't know about
I can't understand how a player can look so out of shape
or tired even in first half of games. Can't be just he's not bothered.
Not had one of his storming runs yet this season and before
Everyone jumps in he was exactly the same in every game
for his country in African nations cup so not just a city problem ??

g180aj said:
hilts said:
You don't ask Kauto Star to plough a field

We're not asking for that were asking for yaya a centre mid to play like a centre mid, and actually do something when not in possession, just to thow it out there it's not only him. As far as his age goes he was outplayed against burnley by a 37 year old nobody!

John Gregory would agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.