Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more convinced now, that it is better for us to part ways with him.

Seems that it will be a busy summer for us; our midfield is a major issue, we need to address it with the best players + including our youths in the first team next year (Lopes, Zuculini).

I thought he looked pretty finished at the top level tonight.

Sell him in the summer and bring in a top class younger replacement.

I don't think it would be too far removed to call that his worst game in a City shirt.

Several times, including for the goal, he watched midfielders start stood next to him and charge into our box without tracking them at all.

Our problem is that he's our best ball retainer in midfield so we need to keep him there as part of our attacking shape but he doesn't seem to have the graft for it any more in the defensive department. He could do with a season where he perhaps wasn't an automatic first choice and played a few less games where he might be more effective. The ACON seems to have killed his energy levels.

He needs to lose weight then maybe he might be able to do more running. Never going to happen though.

The problem is that despite knowing he was off to Acon we must have thought he had another 13/14 season in him and it is clear that he hasn't. We signed Fernando and Lampard as second string midfielders who are clearly not good enough...it has cost us.

Maybe his appetite for the game is not as great as it was after his brother died or maybe he is just coming to the end of his peak.

However, Pellegrini keeps picking him so who is to blame?

Yaya will always be a legend for me. No player has contributed more to our trophy haul than him.

Maybe it is time for him to move on though at the end of the season.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The problem is that despite knowing he was off to Acon we must have thought he had another 13/14 season in him and it is clear that he hasn't. We signed Fernando and Lampard as second string midfielders who are clearly not good enough...it has cost us.

Maybe his appetite for the game is not as great as it was after his brother died or maybe he is just coming to the end of his peak.

However, Pellegrini keeps picking him so who is to blame?

Yaya will always be a legend for me. No player has contributed more to our trophy haul than him.

Maybe it is time for him to move on though at the end of the season.

I agree on the part about Yaya being a legend, but at this level you can't have sentiment.

Damocles said:
Our problem is that he's our best ball retainer in midfield so we need to keep him there as part of our attacking shape but he doesn't seem to have the graft for it any more in the defensive department. He could do with a season where he perhaps wasn't an automatic first choice and played a few less games where he might be more effective. The ACON seems to have killed his energy levels.

It's true but the problem with him is, he's too expensive to bench for a season.

I would love to see him moved up the pitch with two DMs at the back. It might be worth trying him in that capacity as he won't have to run around doing the job of a defensive midfielder and can still use his ability to create chances and attack. I can't believe the theory that he's lost his talent over one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.