Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's impacting the game less and less for us, isn't world class any more and it shows in Europe. His mobility will just continue to decline as well.

need to sell him in the summer!!!! he is finished at top level tbh and it's looks like his only aim on football was winning the fucking ACON...he wined so now he is a passanger on the pitch..

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The problem is that despite knowing he was off to Acon we must have thought he had another 13/14 season in him and it is clear that he hasn't. We signed Fernando and Lampard as second string midfielders who are clearly not good enough...it has cost us.

Maybe his appetite for the game is not as great as it was after his brother died or maybe he is just coming to the end of his peak.

However, Pellegrini keeps picking him so who is to blame?

Yaya will always be a legend for me. No player has contributed more to our trophy haul than him.

Maybe it is time for him to move on though at the end of the season.
I agree with you upto a point but...
Do you have to be at your peak to play.
Look at pirlo uses his head sits in front of the back four and controls the game.
Yaya could do that easy as his passing is brilliant.
Is it the managers fault then for using him wrongly.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Damocles said:
Our problem is that he's our best ball retainer in midfield so we need to keep him there as part of our attacking shape but he doesn't seem to have the graft for it any more in the defensive department. He could do with a season where he perhaps wasn't an automatic first choice and played a few less games where he might be more effective. The ACON seems to have killed his energy levels.

It's true but the problem with him is, he's too expensive to bench for a season.

I would love to see him moved up the pitch with two DMs at the back. It might be worth trying him in that capacity as he won't have to run around doing the job of a defensive midfielder and can still use his ability to create chances and attack. I can't believe the theory that he's lost his talent over one season.

Problem is you can't accommodate passengers in a side with designs of winning the CL - Everyone has to chip in. If we plan to keep Yaya in the side and trying to make up for his glaring deficiencies through the extra work of others we'll be planning to fail. Fernandinho managed it for a season, because a) He's super human, b) He was trying to play himself into the Brazil world cup squad and c) Yaya wasn't quite as bad defensively as he is now, and even then we still came undone in Europe.

I think the time has come to let him go, he has been a great servant for the club and will go down a legend but unfortunately age looks to have caught up with him.

goatersnipple said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The problem is that despite knowing he was off to Acon we must have thought he had another 13/14 season in him and it is clear that he hasn't. We signed Fernando and Lampard as second string midfielders who are clearly not good enough...it has cost us.

Maybe his appetite for the game is not as great as it was after his brother died or maybe he is just coming to the end of his peak.

However, Pellegrini keeps picking him so who is to blame?

Yaya will always be a legend for me. No player has contributed more to our trophy haul than him.

Maybe it is time for him to move on though at the end of the season.
I agree with you upto a point but...
Do you have to be at your peak to play.
Look at pirlo uses his head sits in front of the back four and controls the game.
Yaya could do that easy as his passing is brilliant.
Is it the managers fault then for using him wrongly.

I think it probably is or the way the manager is told he must play by the DOF.

For ten minutes in the second half he was still a real threat. Great shot that hit the side netting and a super pass to Navas who completely fucked up when in a great position.

If Pellegrini could find his position again them he could still be useful.

Problem is, if we don't play him, who do we play? We were equally as crap when he wasn't available.

Why are people surprised... even in his pomp for us he underwhelmed in Champions League.

He's a lion in the Premier League and a pussy cat in Europe. IMO he could still offer us a lot in the Premier League if we played him in a midfield 3, but he should not play Champions League games for us unless we're against slow teams. I still wouldn't sell him unless Txiki can get a proper replacement, not some high risk signing from France or Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.