Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have sold him to PSG in the summer before they paid £50m for Luiz. As much as I hate the guy, Ferguson knew the right time to off load players and I fear we have clung on to Yaya for one season too long. What would we get for him now? £15m?

We need Pogba in to play along with Ferna. Get some energy in the team and release Silva to do what he does best. And fuck Nasri off and get Jimmy to sign his deal

He's too good a player just to offload, especially for the type of pittance we'd get for him.

This very much feels like an AvB/Chelsea situation where they looked at Terry, Cole and Lampard and decided that they were finished because they were past 30. They won the CL after and had some of their best ever season.

Binning Yaya Toure is unthinkable as he's a player of exceptional quality. We just need to use him better in terms of rotations and not play him into the ground every week. A rest every now and again would do him the world of good.

Damocles said:
He's too good a player just to offload, especially for the type of pittance we'd get for him.

This very much feels like an AvB/Chelsea situation where they looked at Terry, Cole and Lampard and decided that they were finished because they were past 30. They won the CL after and had some of their best ever season.

Binning Yaya Toure is unthinkable as he's a player of exceptional quality. We just need to use him better in terms of rotations and not play him into the ground every week. A rest every now and again would do him the world of good.
Stop dat widjer talkin sense now willjer.

I know he was invisible today, but we should keep Yaya as long as we can.

We went out of title race this season when he went to the African Cup.

adrianr said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Damocles said:
Our problem is that he's our best ball retainer in midfield so we need to keep him there as part of our attacking shape but he doesn't seem to have the graft for it any more in the defensive department. He could do with a season where he perhaps wasn't an automatic first choice and played a few less games where he might be more effective. The ACON seems to have killed his energy levels.

It's true but the problem with him is, he's too expensive to bench for a season.

I would love to see him moved up the pitch with two DMs at the back. It might be worth trying him in that capacity as he won't have to run around doing the job of a defensive midfielder and can still use his ability to create chances and attack. I can't believe the theory that he's lost his talent over one season.

Problem is you can't accommodate passengers in a side with designs of winning the CL - Everyone has to chip in. If we plan to keep Yaya in the side and trying to make up for his glaring deficiencies through the extra work of others we'll be planning to fail. Fernandinho managed it for a season, because a) He's super human, b) He was trying to play himself into the Brazil world cup squad and c) Yaya wasn't quite as bad defensively as he is now, and even then we still came undone in Europe.
Point I was trying to make is he might not be deficient in an attacking midfielder role. Fernandinho + an excellent DM behind him would work out in my opinion.

One of the few good moments of tonights game was Pellegrini showing he'd finally had enough of Yaya and Nasri's pathetic efforts.

Damocles said:

A rest! Kinell, he's had a rest since the start of the season

I thought he looked better when pushed forward as he often does. He has clearly peaked and can't play the center mid role anymore. We need to play him as the forward part of a three and as opposition dictates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.