Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He always looks like that in games that we don't have the majority of the ball.. In premier we always have the majority of the ball and YAYA on the ball is world class.. Think he will be off in the summer though one of city's greats he is..

Damocles said:
He's too good a player just to offload, especially for the type of pittance we'd get for him.

This very much feels like an AvB/Chelsea situation where they looked at Terry, Cole and Lampard and decided that they were finished because they were past 30. They won the CL after and had some of their best ever season.

Binning Yaya Toure is unthinkable as he's a player of exceptional quality. We just need to use him better in terms of rotations and not play him into the ground every week. A rest every now and again would do him the world of good.

I think this is the problem with most of the players we'd like to sell, bad age and big wages don't help.

I can only see his movement, speed and fitness getting worse so we'll need to handle him carefully over the next season or two and hopefully we'll be able to rest him knowing we've got a capable pair of hands in central midfield other than Fernando, Lampard & Milner as alternatives.

Damocles said:
He's too good a player just to offload, especially for the type of pittance we'd get for him.

This very much feels like an AvB/Chelsea situation where they looked at Terry, Cole and Lampard and decided that they were finished because they were past 30. They won the CL after and had some of their best ever season.

Binning Yaya Toure is unthinkable as he's a player of exceptional quality. We just need to use him better in terms of rotations and not play him into the ground every week. A rest every now and again would do him the world of good.

I disagree,i just don't think he has the heart or the legs anymore.....he was a passenger tonight,a liability and bordering on an embarrassment - while play was going on around him,he was literally walking at times........??

We have enjoyed some amazing moments from him but the chapter has ended for me,we need to cash in while he still commands a fee.

Give him a Pirlo role and get two energetic, quality midfielders on either side of him to get up and down.

Fernandinho can be one, we need at least one more.

J_Bow said:
Damocles said:

I think this is the problem with most of the players we'd like to sell, bad age and big wages don't help.

I can only see his movement, speed and fitness getting worse so we'll need to handle him carefully over the next season or two and hopefully we'll be able to rest him knowing we've got a capable pair of hands in central midfield other than Fernando, Lampard & Milner as alternatives.
I genuinely believe if we get rid of Yaya, Fernando will contribute a lot more than he currently has.

Aaron Ramsey has more Champions League goals for Arsenal than Yaya has for us; only 24 as well, would be a good replacement.

He's worth keeping just for the PL where we have more possession.

He'll need moving forward with a top defensive midfielder and an athletic player behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.