Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like he runs with a pebble in his boot.

The pressing style of play is the de rigueur style in Europe. For this to be affective, it is not just up to the individual to press the opposing player with the ball, but also his team mates to press the opposing players OPTIONS. You must press the team in packs, not on your own.

Every single player has to be athletically gifted and motivated to do this, which unfortunately Yaya is not.

It's not so important in the perm, but in Europe it is essential. For this reason alone yaya should be sold.

as others have said thanks for the memories yaya

his desire for us in a defensive capacity has gone big time and that can't be tolerated at the level we were playing at last night despite whatever he might have going forward.
at the the very top you need both

a new challenge for a new club might rekindle what he has left to offer, but for us now he's shot i'm afraid IMO

Stephenhakin said:
He's a fucking disgrace and should never pull on a City shirt again. I'd take Fernando over him every day of the week least the boys fucking tries. Complete mercenary Toure is.

You'll get some pro Toure grief for that.

But it's evidently true

mosssideblue said:
Stephenhakin said:
He's a fucking disgrace and should never pull on a City shirt again. I'd take Fernando over him every day of the week least the boys fucking tries. Complete mercenary Toure is.

You'll get some pro Toure grief for that.

But it's evidently true

Fair enough mate. I absolutely loved this guy which makes it all the more worse but its glaringly obvious he has no kind of affection for the club. If he cannot get motivated for a huge game against a side pretty willing to sell him in his peak is proof enough his time is up.

Yup, the game looked up for Ya Ya last night, never more so than when he got free down the right hand side in the 2nd half, in full gallop, only to be overhauled before then falling down pathetically in search of a free kick. In short his legs have gone. We maybe able to play him at home to West Ham or Villa, but in games where a modicum of defensive duty is required, he's a busted flush. Why Pellegrini can't grasp this simple fact is beyond the wit of man. It was like having 10 men last night, til he was eventually put out of his misery. One of the greatest players we've ever had at City, but his time's up

He needs to be dropped for the next few games now, he's letting us down this season and seems to just enjoy being a passenger recently.

Can't believe people are saying his legs have gone because of his age, there are plenty of athletes in other sports around the world competing at his age at a high level, it's all laziness with him.

He was dire last night and I cannot remember him doing anything good in our CL games.
At HT I would have thought MP would take him off and put Fernando on. At least we would have a sitter there who tracks and makes a tackle. The number of times Yaya would not go into a headed challenge with some of the shortest players in Barca really pissed me off. He just let Silva or Dinho make the challenges whilst he walked and pivoted on the spot.

It was very obvious in the 1st half the game was passing him by, he couldn't get a foot on the game and with his poor work rate it put us under more pressure.

Unfortunately, he has been poor for us this season, no fight or desire and it seems to be even worse after coming back from ACON with the cup.

It is now a real test of MPs backbone with what he does with Yaya till the end of the season. I don't think Yaya will be here come the new season and I think he knows that too.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Yup, the game looked up for Ya Ya last night, never more so than when he got free down the right hand side in the 2nd half, in full gallop, only to be overhauled before then falling down pathetically in search of a free kick. In short his legs have gone. We maybe able to play him at home to West Ham or Villa, but in games where a modicum of defensive duty is required, he's a busted flush. Why Pellegrini can't grasp this simple fact is beyond the wit of man. It was like having 10 men last night, til he was eventually put out of his misery. One of the greatest players we've ever had at City, but his time's up

I think Pellegrini's hands are tied with Yaya. Yaya is top dog in that dressing room and Pellegrini probably dare not drop him or cant drop him. MP is an intelligent man and he will see what we all see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.