Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the old abbey said:
It was great while it lasted.but father time catches up with the best.thanks for the memories and there were some beauty's.

This is one of the reasons (other than him acting a twat with the birthday cake) that I think we should have pulled the trigger and gotten rid last summer. If we had, the only bad memories we would have had of Yaya would have been off field ones of his own creation, but after what has been a largely shit season for the lad by his own standards, now we get to watch his legs go on our patch instead of having 20 mil in the back pocket and watching it happen in Paris.

He has to go in the summer because we need to figure out how to play without him. As many have said and I said it last night, it was like playing with 10 men.

Stephenhakin said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Yup, the game looked up for Ya Ya last night, never more so than when he got free down the right hand side in the 2nd half, in full gallop, only to be overhauled before then falling down pathetically in search of a free kick. In short his legs have gone. We maybe able to play him at home to West Ham or Villa, but in games where a modicum of defensive duty is required, he's a busted flush. Why Pellegrini can't grasp this simple fact is beyond the wit of man. It was like having 10 men last night, til he was eventually put out of his misery. One of the greatest players we've ever had at City, but his time's up

I think Pellegrini's hands are tied with Yaya. Yaya is top dog in that dressing room and Pellegrini probably dare not drop him or cant drop him. MP is an intelligent man and he will see what we all see.

Intelligence in that scenario would manifest itself by the manager kicking the arse of the given player and showing him the door.

Stephenhakin said:
Yup, the game looked up for Ya Ya last night, never more so than when he got free down the right hand side in the 2nd half, in full gallop, only to be overhauled before then falling down pathetically in search of a free kick. In short his legs have gone. We maybe able to play him at home to West Ham or Villa, but in games where a modicum of defensive duty is required, he's a busted flush. Why Pellegrini can't grasp this simple fact is beyond the wit of man. It was like having 10 men last night, til he was eventually put out of his misery. One of the greatest players we've ever had at City, but his time's up

I think Pellegrini's hands are tied with Yaya. Yaya is top dog in that dressing room and Pellegrini probably dare not drop him or cant drop him. MP is an intelligent man and he will see what we all see.

Spot on
And is the reason for some of the discontent around the squad , you can't have a top dog especially one that wanted out last year

blueinsa said:
Been said by many but his time was over last summer and we should have cashed in and but for FFP, im sure we would have and replaced.

Txiki fucked up not moving him on imo and this is not knee jerk as he has been one of the greats for us but its as clear as day he is no longer motivated.

Bang on. A massive mistake.

His sheer physical presence is the only real attribute which remains. Everything he did at such a high level has been impacted by his age, and like an ageing lion, the younger pack have sensed for a while they can take over his territory.

I don't believe for a second that Toure lacks motivation for games such as last night. If you can't get up for that...

His failings have always been the same, but now he has become more problem than solution.

His motivation for City is not what it once was, for whatever reason. Time to accept City have to move on for the longer term good.

I would add, if the owners don't mind forking out his wages and he's happy to play a late sub role, like Lampard has, then keep him around.

I don't think his ego would allow that, though.

Musampa 209 said:
He needs to be dropped for the next few games now, he's letting us down this season and seems to just enjoy being a passenger recently.

Can't believe people are saying his legs have gone because of his age, there are plenty of athletes in other sports around the world competing at his age at a high level, it's all laziness with him.

Because of Yaya's size and physical ability, he was never going to be a player who could play way into his 30s.

Sell him in the summer.

Matt the Giant said:
Stephenhakin said:

Intelligence in that scenario would manifest itself by the manager kicking the arse of the given player and showing him the door.

Not in the 80's anymore pal. MP won't have the balls to kick Toures arse and they both know it.

Stephenhakin said:

Top dog in whose eyes though? I can't imagine any of his teammates are happy to put up with performances like last night anymore. Well, apart from Nasri, but he can fuck off as well.

I think Pellegrini's hands are more tied by our lack of alternatives in midfield. Unfortunately, Fernandinho has shwon himself as not capable of stepping into the more attacking CM role in Yaya's absence, so if we drop Yaya, we have no control in midfield. But if we don't drop Yaya, we have a gaping hole in the midfield when we don't have the ball. Lampard provides more energy, which is genuinely staggering. I've thought Nasri could perhaps do it, but he's just as big a shithouse as Yaya, so it's hardly a solution. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place untill the end of the season.

We are ridiculously reliant on a player who is no longer reliable. Last year his legs looked like they were going but in possession everything he tried worked. This year his legs are gone and in possession things aren't really coming off for him. Replacing him is the absolutely crucial piece of transfer business we need to do this summer. Get it wrong and we will still have problems.

BigOscar said:
I think Pellegrini's hands are more tied by our lack of alternatives in midfield. Unfortunately, Fernandinho has shwon himself as not capable of stepping into the more attacking CM role in Yaya's absence, so if we drop Yaya, we have no control in midfield. But if we don't drop Yaya, we have a gaping hole in the midfield when we don't have the ball. Lampard provides more energy, which is genuinely staggering. I've thought Nasri could perhaps do it, but he's just as big a shithouse as Yaya, so it's hardly a solution. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place untill the end of the season.

I agree, it's going to be hard until the end of the season. There isn't really a replacement.

Fernandinho has to play every game, he's our best centre midfielder by miles now.

Yaya can't play in a midfield two in a big game, it really is that simple. Maybe at home to a bottom half Premiership side, but against any good team it's just too much now. We all saw it against Liverpool and Barca in the last few weeks, it can't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.