Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

Double standards I'm afraid from some of you. After the Arsenal game you said Wenger was just a moaning idiot yet now agreeing with him about Arsenal players getting kicked to the high heavens by dirty players.

You either criticise Wenger or you dont.

NBCSN has just shown Pep’s comments about “protecting all the players”, then shown the Puncheon, Kane, Alli, and Murphy challenges in sequence. Robbie Earle unequivocally said that Pep has a point and that something needs to be done to protect players, City especially as we are a very technical side and so are on the end of more of these types of bad challenges. He said that we are lucky not to have serious long-term injuries in the last few weeks.

I bet the BBC, BT, and Sky barely even mention the challenge today or any of the previous ones, much less discuss about them as they should be.

NBCSN has just shown Pep’s comments about “protecting all the players”, then shown the Puncheon, Kane, Alli, and Murphy challenges in sequence. Robbie Earle unequivocally said that Pep has a point and that something needs to be done to protect players, City especially as we are a very technical side and so are on the end of more of these types of bad challenges. He said that we are lucky not to have serious long-term injuries in the last few weeks.

I bet the BBC, BT, and Sky barely even mention the challenge today or any of the previous ones, much less discuss about them as they should be.
Bt’s Ian was a disgrace busy spouting money card every time city player had ball on his foot . There’s a football match right in front of him and he is commenting on price and transfer shit .

Lets not forget Scott Dann when he tackled kev and appeared to badly injure his knee in the process but for me the intent was there for him to mess up Kev, that was before Punchean assault...

Aye. At the time, texted my lad and said, serves the dirty bastard right.

My major fear here is that the FA could and probably would put a more competitive title race over player safety.

I just don't see what we can do here as a club.

I admit, I used to hear the top teams moaning about this, wenger and his pleas for protection from referees etc, after all physicality and intimidating are valid tactics in the modern game. But that's a number of horrific, potentially career changing, injuries that just one club has received in just one month. Today's challenges and subsequent injuries could have been avoided if one of the highlighted challenges in recent games had resulted in a ban.

I'd like to see the PFA take this on too. For the protection of players health and mentality, there has to be a change to the rules to allow dangerous tackles to be reviewed post match even if a yellow was issued during the game. Madness that we talk about retrospective bans for diving but not for GBH with intent.
Good call mate

what pissed me off the most was the sheer obliviousness of the media with regards to the alli and kane challenges. They were absolute shockers and stonewall reds yet they were completely swept under the carpet.
No one will criticise the very reverend Spuds.......least of all. St (Prince) Harry (Potter) of Kane......national treasure.... how very dare anyone point out the dirty little barst@rd’s cynical foul...

Lets not forget Scott Dann when he tackled kev and appeared to badly injure his knee in the process but for me the intent was there for him to mess up Kev, that was before Punchean assault...

Bit of justice for him carving Aguero in half at their place a couple of seasons ago.

BBC not even mentioned it...All about we were lucky not to lose..fuckwits

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.